Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 01:26:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Game Emulators
| |-+  Homebrew and Custom Game Emulators (Moderator: channelmaniac)
| | |-+  PE+ Emulator via MAME
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: PE+ Emulator via MAME  (Read 55323 times)
videoporker
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 7

« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2009, 11:04:26 PM »

Bill validator would be icing on the cake but I don't mind running credits up the old fashioned way.

* 0009.png (5.4 KB, 320x200 - viewed 852 times.)
Rep
Mr. 5 of a kind
Contributing Gold NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 18

« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2009, 11:14:20 PM »

lol, that's one way to do it! Nice hit! I did hit 5 5's on the new multi-set joker poker but didn't up the credit limit. 4000 credits I coulda had. It's ok, it's on a laptop I don't use a lot anyway. I'll add the pic/screenshot

* 001 4000 5 5's.png (64.9 KB, 512x384 - viewed 367 times.)
MALA
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2009, 07:51:05 PM »

Any more news about the PE+ mame?
videoporker

Total Karma Storms: 7

« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2009, 08:43:21 PM »

Some "genius" figured out a half a55 way to add credits without the bill validator.

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=2228.0
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2009, 05:47:50 AM »

Some "genius" figured out a half a55 way to add credits without the bill validator.

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=2228.0

Tongue Out Tongue Out  Are you still selling files with lots of credits on them? (just kidding) rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao
K+ for your clever idea. propeller

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
mamepokerguy

Total Karma Storms: 2

« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2011, 04:35:23 PM »

Hello All!!!

Well, this is my first post, i actually got into MAME a few months ago....man, i didn't realize something like this was out there...Its awesome!!!

Anyhow, i am into the PE+ series....but i see all the post of this forum are over a year old!!!

Did anyone ever find out how to add credits? I was messing around with the code, but i only got to the point where my credits showed up after hacking the NV file but the Change request crap was flashing on the screen...i couldn't get rid of it.

So, is there anyone still out there messing with these PE+ roms? I see stolistic's blog hasn't been updated for a while...you still around?

Thanks!!!

Tom
knagl

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2011, 06:05:35 PM »

Welcome to the site, Tom!

NLG Welcome

Did anyone ever find out how to add credits?

One of the easiest ways we've found is to rack up a lot of credits (either by brute force -- inserting coins every time you play whether you won or not (to build up the credit meter over time), or by hitting something big), then exit MAME and save the .nv file in a backup location.  Once you've got a good .nv file with a lot of credits, you can always copy it from the backup location to your active MAME folder to restore the machine to that point in time (ie. that number of credits).

Stolistic is still around, although obviously the PE+ and MAME stuff is more of a hobby than a job.   yes

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
mamepokerguy

« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2011, 06:44:21 PM »

You wouldn't happen to have a NV file for the pexmp006 game with lots of credits would you? When ever i have people over at the house its annoying to keep having to press the credit button..and it isn't like it is fast counting...lol.....the most credit ive built up is around 400....i'd like one with like 5000. It will last forever...lol

Also, would you know if these PE+ roms are legal roms to upload to my site? Alittle hobby of mine is website design...i was thinking of making a site for PE+ mame games...or better yet... Mame Poker games....i am still trying to find a text holdem mame game...lol.

Thanks for the reply!!

Tom
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2011, 07:16:27 PM »

Hi Tom-

I don't have any decently credited .nv files, as I do most of my playing on my real PE+ machine instead of the computer.  Smiley  I think someone here had posted in the past that he had some -- it might be worth a look at some old posts.

As far as the ROMS go, I'd suggest you stay far away from distributing them.  Even though they're old, they're still copyrighted by IGT (in terms of the PE+), and IGT (and all of the gaming manufacturers) are very, VERY vigilant in protecting their copyrights, even on old -- dare I say -- obsolete software.  They don't want anyone to have it or distribute it, and they have a small army of lawyers ready to pounce.

For the record (and for your knowledge since you're new here), we do not permit ROM file trading or distribution on this site (or the discussion of said file trading, beyond general talk like this -- for example, we don't post links to other sites that may have copyrighted files available for download).  If we did, the site would be shut down in a heartbeat by the various gaming companies.  (That's part of the hot pink banner near the top of every page that says, "PLEASE DO NOT UPLOAD COPYRIGHTED EPROMS TO THE SITE!!!")

I can't remember, and I'm at work at the moment, but can you change the maximum bet while there are credits on the machine?  If so, you could change the max bet to something higher (like 100 coins), play a few hands (I realize that it would take a while to put in that many coins, but any decent win like a flush or something would get you a nice bank), change the max back down to 5, then save the .nv file.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
poppo

Total Karma Storms: 248

« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2011, 07:40:24 PM »

Just curious. Can't you take a NV file with lets say 10 credits, then make another one with 20 and do a hex compare to see where the credits are and just edit it to add as many as you want?
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2011, 08:20:48 PM »

Stolistic would be the definitive source on that, poppo, but I suspect that there's a security check somewhere in the code and changing the credits but not changing that security bit would cause the machine to tilt.

mamepokerguy

« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2011, 10:10:11 AM »

Thats the process i am in right now. I compared some files in hex,  i can up the credits, but when the games loads, it comes up with the call attendant, change reqeust flashing on the screen...and the game basicly freezes...theres something hidden in the code...i am still looking for it...but iam a beginner...so i dont have the know how like mike does. Hopefully he chimes in here....honestly, if it were that easy to edit the nv with hex, i think he would have done it already.

Tom
poppo

« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2011, 10:56:32 AM »

Thats the process i am in right now. I compared some files in hex,  i can up the credits, but when the games loads, it comes up with the call attendant, change reqeust flashing on the screen...and the game basicly freezes...theres something hidden in the code...i am still looking for it...but iam a beginner...so i dont have the know how like mike does. Hopefully he chimes in here....honestly, if it were that easy to edit the nv with hex, i think he would have done it already.

Tom

I'm certainly no expert on the PE+, but I have worked on similar issues with other software. If you are only finding one value changed with the hex compare (i.e. only the credits) and it still does not work when changing it, then it sounds like another value is being changed somewhere else. Just like on a S+ where data is stored in both the CMOS and EEPROM and they have to match at boot-up or the machine will tilt.  So what I would do is do a hex compare of all of the files related to the game before and after a change in credits and see if something else is changing. Like knagl said, there may be a security check being done. But if there is, it has to be comparing those credit values to something else that has been updated.

<edit> I just went back and read the entire thread since I had only read the last few posts. I see that this has already been covered and from the sound of it, it seems that there is a second area that needs to be updated.

...  So at this point one way to get a lot of credits is to use a "cheat code" to hack memory into thinking you have so many credits. 
....The cheat system has changed radically and I will need to review what memory area to update also.  .....
Although, credits are always stored in the same place on the backplane EEPROM for all games, when the EEPROM is periodically updated.

In any case, it sounds like the easiest thing to do is that nv backup trick.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 11:17:00 AM by poppo » Logged
mamepokerguy

« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2011, 11:19:06 AM »

Well.. I just made great progress!!!!! I got my hacked NV work!!!

Say you have 384 credits, well, the decimal in the hex editor is: 0084 0300 007C

The 7C is what was throwing me off. The 1-100 is a specfic code. 60 and above, the coding needs to add up to 157..so, in the 384 case, it was be 84+7(C) which C being 3. A=1 B=2 C=3 ad so on.

So if that bit doesn't corrispond with the credit number..you'll get a call attendent. Still testing it. I'll let u all know!

Tom
poppo

« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2011, 11:39:54 AM »

So it looks like the 007C is just some sort of checksum for the credits.
mamepokerguy

« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2011, 11:55:36 AM »

Its gotta be. The 300 bit also has one...still figuring that one out.
mamepokerguy

« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2011, 02:35:26 PM »

Ok i figured it all out. Theres a few things to need to modify with a hex editor to up the credits. Right now, i figured it all out to 10,000 credits...i think that will last a long while...lol.

I will work on a Write up with pics of how to do it.

Thanks.
mamepokerguy

« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2011, 02:45:11 PM »

I just saw your updated post poppo. Well, i edited a few things in the NV file. Right now, this is for the Multi-poker 006. I am having no problems.

Is there anyone who would want to test this NV, shoot me a message. Its working great on my machine.

Tom
poppo

« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2011, 03:34:33 PM »

From what I gather, this does not really fix the original issue of being able to add a bunch of credits at one time (through MAME), it just saves the step of going though the time consuming process of creating a NV file with a bunch of credits by having to manually add them. I suppose what would be the ultimate goal is to have a 'button' in MAME that adds x number of credits whenever you want instead of having to reload the NV when they run down. In any case this sounds like it will save some time.
mamepokerguy

« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2011, 04:15:08 PM »

Yea i agree with you. I just wanted to know how to get more credits...because the rom counts coin in's very...very slow.and people that have played my machine at my house complained about that. 10,000 credits is alot to go threw. I geuss i could get 100,000 too. I could make a patch also....replacing the NV file when the credit runs out kinda sucks cause you loose all your game data, just editting the credits reserves it all....it would be nice just to press a key to up your credits...but i think thats alot more time consuming. Takes me if a minute to edit the file and its done.

Tom
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2011, 06:02:11 PM »

That's great.  I'd be interested in trying it, too.  applause

poppo

« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2011, 06:21:55 PM »

I could make a patch also....

Maybe a patch that could be run from a batch file or something each time the MAME machine boots up to auto replenish the credits, but would keep everything else intact.
mamepokerguy

« Reply #47 on: January 20, 2011, 06:31:56 PM »

You could do that, but how often do people REALLY play there poker mame games? 10,000 credits is alot....i am trying to get 99,999, but after 9999 is get alittler more complicated....theres a spot in the file where your credits reside, but they are used for the adding of newly won credits..if those don't add up to your current credit number, when you win hands it will not add them, or it will but u won't see it....if you have 10,000 credits and you have these bits set to 9000....and you win a hand of 20 credits it will add it to 9000..not your 10000...and not show your credits going up...plus is does some funky stuff to the game also.

And knagl, you can message me your email and i can send the nv file?

Tom
poppo

« Reply #48 on: January 20, 2011, 06:46:03 PM »

You could do that, but how often do people REALLY play there poker mame games? 10,000 credits is alot

True, but it doesn't have to be 10,000 credits. It could be something more smaller where the player actually sort of cares about losing them all. Part of the fun of any slot etc. is trying not to loose everything. IMO a smaller amount would be more realistic.
mamepokerguy

« Reply #49 on: January 20, 2011, 06:56:39 PM »

Thats easy....whats your opinion on how much? 1000?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.