Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 04:29:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Game Emulators
| |-+  Homebrew and Custom Game Emulators (Moderator: channelmaniac)
| | |-+  PE+ Emulator via MAME
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: PE+ Emulator via MAME  (Read 55328 times)
poppo
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 248

« Reply #50 on: January 20, 2011, 07:05:34 PM »

I don't really play video poker, so I don't know how fast one can go through credits. 1000 sounds like a good number. But this is just my opinion. Maybe people who play it, do want more credits. I was just looking at it like playing any other game that has an 'infinite lives' hack that can sort of take the fun out of trying to beat the game.

In any case I'm sure those that have this game would be interested in the fix/info no matter how it's implemented.
mamepokerguy
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 2

« Reply #51 on: January 20, 2011, 07:19:03 PM »

Your right...it does take the fun out of it, really no point to play then.....you go threw credits very fast. maybe even 500..

BTW

If anyone wants to try this hacked NV file, i've uploaded it to my site, you can find it here:

http://www.daytonashelby.com/mame

It only has one file and its only for the PE+ Game: pexmp006 which is the 5 in 1 video poker.

This file gives you 9900 credits. Feel free to try it out...if theres any errors, let me know.

And kevin if this is against the rules with posting a NV file, lmk and take it down.

Tom
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #52 on: January 20, 2011, 08:02:39 PM »

Tom-

I don't think the site admins will have any problem with you posting a link to that -- that's more MAME-y than anything, and it's not a ROM/.bin file.   propeller

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #53 on: January 21, 2011, 09:51:58 PM »

Tom, I sent you a pm.   +1 (Karma, or whatever) karma for figuring this out and sharing it with everyone. propeller  Good job!!  applause applause

Stat garfield

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
Stolistic
Contributing Gold NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 188

Resistance is futile. You will be emulated.

« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2011, 08:53:45 PM »

You would probably gain much more acceptance from the MAME community if your memory hack was part of the MAME Cheat Library rather than a downloadable .NV file.

Pugsy's Cheats has a tutorial on how to create cheats:
http://cheat.retrogames.com/

The reason your initial hack failed was because the CMOS and the EEPROM were out of sync.  Everytime the machine boots it compares key values from the EEPROM on the backplane with values in the CMOS.  If those values differ, you get the CALL ATTENDANT message and the system resyncs the values in the CMOS from the EEPROM (overwriting your changes to memory).  The .NV file contains a dump of the memory for both the CMOS and EEPROM combined, you if you modify both successfully, you should be able to boot without errors.

The location of the credits in the CMOS is different for each game, but tends to be fairly consistent with the EEPROM.
garofox
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« Reply #55 on: August 02, 2012, 04:20:29 AM »

watch this
Anyone know what game is this Scratch Head

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/YjblDNVJlwg&rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/YjblDNVJlwg&rel=0</a>
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.