Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 02:24:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Progressive Controllers, Displays and Slot Toppers
| |-+  TOP THIS!!! Slot Topper Topic!
| | |-+  General question about topper lights
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: General question about topper lights  (Read 6244 times)
poppo
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 248

« on: July 31, 2011, 06:28:15 PM »

Do toppers that have LEDS around them (I'm assuming they are LEDS), light up and flash or go in some sort of pattern on their own, or do they need to be connected to a slot machine to control that. I ask because I was thinking of getting one as a stand alone item for my game room and wondered if all you have to do is supply power.
TZtech

Total Karma Storms: 129

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2011, 06:37:03 PM »

All of the ones I have worked on only need power from machine. They have the led controller on the led board or on a controller board in the topbox.

HAPP Sells some nice Generic ones. You even have the option to synchronise  for multiple machines.

http://na.suzohapp.com/accessories/topperboxes.htm
CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator

Total Karma Storms: 622

I haven't met a Jackpot that I didn't like!!!

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2011, 06:41:03 PM »

Poppo,

My IGT Toppers have some preset patterns in them, but to be honest, I do not know if they are determined by the machine or by themselves??? I have never tried one free standing. I will try one of my toppers to see what it does using power only....

Maybe someone will know before I have a chance to check for you?

CH CaptainHappy

P.S. I moved your question to the topper area so that it could get more traction and would be here for people questioning the same thing in the future.

Come sail away, Come sail away Come sail away with me..
CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator

Total Karma Storms: 622

I haven't met a Jackpot that I didn't like!!!

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2011, 06:41:59 PM »

Looks like Ian answered while I was posting! Clap

CH CaptainHappy

Come sail away, Come sail away Come sail away with me..
poppo

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2011, 06:42:30 PM »

Thanks.

And here I though some of the ones on e-bay were expensive.  knockout
TZtech

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2011, 06:48:23 PM »

There's the next project for your Atom  wave
There are several flexible led strip sollutions available on ebay. Some of them have individually adressable RGB LEDS
http://cgi.ebay.com/1m-Flash-RGB-SMD-5050-LED-Strip-SPI-Controller-83-Mode-/250861313877?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a687fdf55
poppo

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2011, 07:09:28 PM »

There's the next project for your Atom 
There are several flexible led strip sollutions available on ebay.

Hmmm..... yummy  stir the pot / get cooking
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2011, 08:16:41 PM »

Poppo  Take a look at two members old post,  Sommer and 2 Moons   they were both working with LEDs.   Sommer moved out of the country ( Far East )  but 2Moons comes on every now and then.

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
TZtech

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2011, 09:31:35 PM »

Use it with your current project and code it so that your topper will go from green to red (cold to Hot) as your payback percentage varies.

BTW you can cut these to size and stick them anywhere so you are not limited to the topper. You could replace flourescents with this setup
uniman
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 695

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2011, 10:38:15 PM »

Do toppers that have LEDS around them (I'm assuming they are LEDS), light up and flash or go in some sort of pattern on their own, or do they need to be connected to a slot machine to control that. I ask because I was thinking of getting one as a stand alone item for my game room and wondered if all you have to do is supply power.

I got a Garfield topper from Buzz well over a year ago. Great deal too!  yes  But it did not have a controller to make the led's chase. So I bought this one from eBay,
http://cgi.ebay.com/3-4-Circuit-LED-chaser-sequencer-flash-8A-8-24VDC-/270575687183?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3eff91560f

A bit pricey but works great.
Guess the best thing is to make sure the topper you buy already has a controller.

* mag7garfield.jpg (63.94 KB, 576x768 - viewed 264 times.)
poppo

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2011, 10:48:59 PM »

Nice topper.  yes

I suppose if I found the right one, it would not matter if it had a controller as I could make my own. But I would prefer not to re-invent the wheel if it already has one.
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2011, 02:03:40 AM »

The standard IGT oval "S2000-style" toppers animate the LEDs on their own. Attach a 12vdc wall wart to the right wires and it'll do its thing and go through the pre-programmed patterns on its own. There is no obvious way to change the patterns.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.