Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 04:57:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Progressive Controllers, Displays and Slot Toppers
| |-+  TOP THIS!!! Slot Topper Topic!
| | |-+  Please help me get my Suzo Happ Polygon topper to light up.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Please help me get my Suzo Happ Polygon topper to light up.  (Read 19592 times)
CommTech
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 251

Joe

« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2013, 02:40:48 AM »

I just received my Polygon topper (which I purchased from Dave at Southern Slots)  today and now have a better view of how this is wired.
The wiring colors that are written in the Happ Documentation you supplied refer to the TOPPER SOCKET side, not the harness side (which you must have also figured out since there is no yellow wire on the harness side). 
Your Harness looks the same as the one I have (with the exception that the four position Molex power plug has been cut off of yours).  So just to clarify ... with your Harness plugged into the topper ...
The HARNESS wring is as follows ... The RED wire is +12 Volts, The BLACK wire is Negative Common and the Orange wire is +24 Volts (just as you originally thought).  These are the loose wires without a plug in your picture.
I was amazed at how little current was being drawn for the ring light to operate. A Three amp power supply for the ring light is plenty.   Very impressive display on these RGB ring lights!  yes

Please keep us posted as to your progress.  wave
2pacman
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 1

« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2013, 04:25:33 PM »

I just received my Polygon topper (which I purchased from Dave at Southern Slots)  today and now have a better view of how this is wired.
The wiring colors that are written in the Happ Documentation you supplied refer to the TOPPER SOCKET side, not the harness side (which you must have also figured out since there is no yellow wire on the harness side). 
Your Harness looks the same as the one I have (with the exception that the four position Molex power plug has been cut off of yours).  So just to clarify ... with your Harness plugged into the topper ...
The HARNESS wring is as follows ... The RED wire is +12 Volts, The BLACK wire is Negative Common and the Orange wire is +24 Volts (just as you originally thought).  These are the loose wires without a plug in your picture.
I was amazed at how little current was being drawn for the ring light to operate. A Three amp power supply for the ring light is plenty.   Very impressive display on these RGB ring lights!  yes

Please keep us posted as to your progress.  wave

Thanks for the follow up!  I'm glad you verified the wire coloring.  You are correct about the harness colors.  Unfortunately for whatever reason, why i applied 12VDC 3amp to the rainbow lights, i got smoke.  Everything else worked, but i couldn't get the coolest part, the rainbow lights, to work.  Hoping to get a new circuit board or something to get this thing going eventually.

For the background lights, the ones that take the 24VDC, how many amps are you using to power those?
CommTech

Joe

« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2013, 08:41:42 PM »

For the background lights, the ones that take the 24VDC, how many amps are you using to power those?

I don't have an answer for you YET.   I currently do not have a 24Volt power supply to test the back lighting, but I did order one today.
It will probably be at least a Week or so before I receive it.   I will post my findings once I receive my new supply.
CommTech

Joe

« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2013, 06:25:55 PM »

Received my new bench power supply today ...

Here are the current readings for your Polygon topper ...

Ring lights:   12.5 Volts DC  700 mA (fully illuminated)
Back Lights:  24.5 Volts DC  600 mA

Please note that these measurements are for the Happ Polygon Topper that you currently show in this post. 

There are at least two different models of this Topper ...

The one like you and I have with the 4 large LED's mounted to heat sinks for back lighting, and large controller board with four connections to the ring light.  And the second type ...

The one like Pegasus shows in his "Polygons!" post with only a small USB based controller board, along with a ring of LED's for EDGE-Lit back-lighting illumination.
PEGASUS
Resigned NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 2

« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2013, 06:36:20 PM »

I like this style better -in this thread as they are easier to use and no need to worry about all the other.  If this member still needs a part, Determine what it is and I should be able to get it from a parts topper.  Only ask to pay shipping.  Thanks
2pacman

« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2013, 03:52:29 PM »

I like this style better -in this thread as they are easier to use and no need to worry about all the other.  If this member still needs a part, Determine what it is and I should be able to get it from a parts topper.  Only ask to pay shipping.  Thanks

That would be great, thanks for your help and CommTech's help as well.  I'm thinking all i need is the little PCB board that the wires plug into.  I think that is what i fried.  Sounds like i'm set on my power supply needs, as i was using one with 3 amps, but the greater amperage doesn't make a difference, right?

Pegasus, i'd love to take you up on the offer to get a replacement PCB board if possible.
CommTech

Joe

« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2013, 04:00:06 PM »

Your 3 amp supply is perfect.  Cool Thumbs-Up
PEGASUS
Resigned NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 2

« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2013, 05:28:02 PM »

2pac,  I going to send you a pm-personal message. 

* 100_1481.JPG (710.77 KB, 2497x1499 - viewed 367 times.)
2pacman

« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2013, 05:10:11 PM »

Just wanted to send a public shout out to Pegasus (and the others who gave me advice)!  I was finally able to get my topper working.  I must've had a bad PCB board because once i got a replacement from Pegasus, it came right up.  I still have to find a 24V power supply to get the backlight working, but the LEDs around the frame were what i really wanted to get working, and it looks great!  Thanks again!!

* pic1.jpg (31.59 KB, 384x512 - viewed 325 times.)

* pic2.jpg (38.15 KB, 384x512 - viewed 302 times.)
CommTech

Joe

« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2013, 06:05:51 PM »

Found this on Ebay ... $12 / free shipping!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/24VDC-2Amp-Power-Supply-/261252486453?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cd3dc9535

2pacman

« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2013, 11:32:23 PM »

Awesome!  I just bought one, hopefully it works for the backlight.  Thanks for the heads up on this.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.