Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 04:25:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  IGT DBV 200 Bill Validator STOPPED WORKING...hELp!!!!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: IGT DBV 200 Bill Validator STOPPED WORKING...hELp!!!!  (Read 6943 times)
wangygt
« on: December 31, 2011, 09:18:13 PM »

The bill validator on my IGT slot just stopped working. Ive checked all wires. Pulled it out. Cleaned it. Put it back in. It is totally dead. Wont take a bill. Makes no noise. The power plug is the only noise it makes when I plug in and unplug. A light is lit when plugged in. Of the three, only one is lit. The R41 first slot. Validator is a B023 Flash memory ss. All pins are in off posistion. I just dont know what the problem is. It always worked before. Any ideas?  Is that red light suppose to be on? Or are all three suppose to be lit?  And what do I do?  Please help.
staz
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 156

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2011, 09:45:15 PM »

check and make sure the cash can is in all the way.......also it could be the connector in the back of the bill validater.... not getting power..... i had a bv like that once....also check all the wiring is plugged in securely....... could of gotten loose from opening and closing the door...
poppo
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 248

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2011, 09:58:38 PM »

Do you have any credits on the machine (and it's reached the BV limit)? Is the bezel light lit?

If that's not it, does it cycle when powering up? If so how many times?  If it's cycing at all, I made some videos to help troubleshoot the problem by how it sounds.

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=14959.0
wangygt
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2011, 10:03:17 PM »

Wires plugged in. Bezel is not lit up. When i stick dollar in....it does nothing.
poppo

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2011, 10:04:23 PM »

But are there credits on the machine? And I edited my post above with more info.
wangygt
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2011, 10:11:46 PM »

No credits. When i plug in power...it clicks once.
poppo

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2011, 10:16:00 PM »

Ok, so it's not cycling right? If you remove the cash can, does it at least cycle? Also do you know how to open the transport? If not, here is a picture. Need to make sure nothing is jammed in there or blocking any optics.

Also does your BV power supply have the vents in it like the second picture?

* transport.jpg (390.86 KB, 768x1008 - viewed 374 times.)

* DBV power supply.jpg (280.15 KB, 800x600 - viewed 339 times.)
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 10:22:40 PM by poppo » Logged
wangygt
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2011, 10:23:00 PM »

Removed can...no change. Clear...no jam.?
wangygt
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2011, 10:24:43 PM »

Also....yes...has vents.
poppo

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2011, 10:31:01 PM »

Also....yes...has vents.

Well, the BV unit should cycle as long as it has power. So next pull the head off the transport (one screw in the front center), and try the directions below. You can do this in the machine by just holding it in your hand. You don't need that connector on the right side that goes to the transport connected for this test. The slot machine door can be open, we are just checking the BV head. If this fails, either the head or the power supply is bad. If it does not do anything, see if the LED is flashing. And if so, how many times (before it repeats)

Click to enlarge.

* test.jpg (148.73 KB, 412x539 - viewed 420 times.)
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 11:01:33 PM by poppo » Logged
poppo

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2012, 04:00:59 PM »

Any updates on this?  Scratch Head 
wangygt
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2012, 06:09:06 PM »

Been on the road trucking...will take another look at it this weekend. Thanks for helping!!! Im no pro. Only slot machine i have.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.