Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 07:40:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  New Life Games Command Center....
| |-+  News Info and Other NLG Stuff.
| | |-+  Script Slowing down NLG Main page in IE8 Error & Solution
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Script Slowing down NLG Main page in IE8 Error & Solution  (Read 5592 times)
CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 622

I haven't met a Jackpot that I didn't like!!!

« on: July 07, 2013, 12:02:04 AM »

If you get a message from Internet Exploder (ie8 in my case)  (See pics for snip of actual error!) when you are on the front page that pops up and asks you if you want to stop a script from running as it is slowing down your computer and may make it unstable.

I saw this for the first time tonite and found out the solution as well.... apparently this error happens a lot with facebook as well.

To fix this you go to tools in the menus and look for compatibility settings to see if NLG is listed under compatibility view. If it is, click it to highlite it and then click remove! (See pics for snip of actual fix!) Then all is well again!

CaptainHappy CaptainHappy
NLG ADMINISTRATOR

* NLG IE8 Stop Running This Script Error.PNG (60.26 KB, 582x324 - viewed 274 times.)

* NLG Compatibility View Setting.PNG (70.06 KB, 478x576 - viewed 267 times.)

Come sail away, Come sail away Come sail away with me..
4 Deuces
Resigned NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 698

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2013, 12:33:00 AM »

Another solution is to use Google Chrome instead. bust gut laughing

J/K  Thanks Captain for the info! Hail
CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator

Total Karma Storms: 622

I haven't met a Jackpot that I didn't like!!!

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2013, 06:23:52 AM »

Another solution is to use Google Chrome instead. bust gut laughing

J/K  Thanks Captain for the info! Hail

If it makes you feel any better, I did use Chrome for testing the issue!  yes yes yes

There may be help for me yet? Scratch Head

CH CaptainHappy

Come sail away, Come sail away Come sail away with me..
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2013, 08:06:30 AM »

You need to view the forum in Compatibility View in IE or you run into issues with the cursor jumping around in the text boxes when you create long posts.  It's a glitch with SMF, and it seems to affect anyone running IE viewing SMF 1.x forums.  I force visitors to my forum into Compatibility View whether they've selected it or not to overcome the issue.

There's likely something else on the front page causing the issue.  The countdown ticker for the Bettor Slots drawing (since removed) used to wreak havoc on my older PC.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
proten
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 210

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2013, 11:28:51 AM »

I use Mozilla FireFox and I don't have any of the problems of IE and Chrome.

One step at a time.
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2013, 09:09:05 PM »

I use Mozilla FireFox and I don't have any of the problems of IE and Chrome.

Who said Chrome had problems?  I use Chrome most of the time (and Firefox otherwise) and it works just fine.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.