Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 06:24:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  Mix & Match Glass
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mix & Match Glass  (Read 3711 times)
angryninjas
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 147

« on: November 12, 2013, 10:42:18 PM »

Just curious if anyone else has experimented with mixing kits and themes?  The reason I did mine was because the bottom glass of my Triple Diamond was mostly white, and it lit up the room like a christmas tree when turned on.  I needed something a little darker, so I found that the Black Widow glass matched the colors of the Triple Diamond machine almost perfectly... so now I have a "Black Widow Triple Diamond" machine.  Might be fun if others posted pics of their Mix & Match's here.  Here's a pic of mine
cowboygames
Abbys Dad
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2013, 11:20:17 PM »

That's a good idea and looks great ninja. If you decide to go back to theme correct glass you might consider a lower output bulb or maybe tint the belly glass on the inside to darken it a bit
therockinelvis
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 99

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2013, 07:31:46 AM »

Elvira glass and topper on a S+ 10X and Playboy glass and topper in a S+ triple diamond

* home slot 1.jpg (682.75 KB, 2592x1456 - viewed 219 times.)
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2013, 08:02:30 AM »

I have only mixed themes when I did not feel like changing my top box to 9 inch version for the Haywire Deluxe theme.
I use the Haywire award glass and Haywire Deluxe belly glass.

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2013, 02:33:33 PM »

You can probably get a roll of auto glass tint of a little lighter shade to reduce the light coming thru the belly glass...
I agree, some belly glasses are quite bright as well as the topper lighting!
angryninjas
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2013, 02:38:09 PM »

Yep.  With my particular Triple Diamond glass though, it wasn't really the brightness from the back of the glass, it was in the parts that they call "bright lighting", which is where IGT outlines the stroke and makes it more transparent on those areas, like a neon glow stroke around the borders.  This particular glass had way too much of it, and it looked like all the borders on the diamonds and fonts were surrounded by white neon, lol.  Tinting it would make the rest of the glass darker as well, which didn't need it.  Same with putting in a lower wattage bulb. 

I actually just had the same company that produces IGT's glass make a set for me, and I had to specify the area that I wanted "bright lighting", so I was careful not to over do it.  Here is the original glass, and the second image is what they call the "white plate", which is what defines the "bright lighting" effect, which makes things glow like a neon outline in the glass when they etch the glass.  It doesn't show as white, it shows in whatever color the color above the layer is... for example, the white dots at the top of the white plate show white... but if you look at the original image, they are the red lights on top of the semi truck, and will shine through like the red tractor trailer lights are lit up.  The stroke around the wording will show as a green neon effect, and stroke around the hat will be a backlit black instead of a solid opaque black, and the headlight near the semi truck passenger mirror will shine whitish-yellow in a starburst pattern, making it look like an actual light that's turned on.  I learned a lot about IGT's glass making process and backlit strips when doing this project.  I had a set of backlit strips made for it as well, and included a glitter effect over some of the symbols... hard to explain unless you've had strips where certain symbols have been "glitterized".  All off topic, I know, but thought I'd share how the "bright lighting" effect works with real IGT glass, since that was the problem with my original Triple Diamond belly glass.

Elvis:  Love that playboy machine!  Nice mix & match on that one.

« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 03:06:03 PM by angryninjas » Logged
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2013, 10:24:05 AM »

I always thought it was calling bright lining, but I could be mistaken.

Is that an S2000 game chip you're using for the glass pictured above?  I know there were S+ games that offered free games, but I've never actually seen one in person...

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Harvs
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 218

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2013, 12:22:48 PM »

Is that an S2000 game chip you're using for the glass pictured above?  I know there were S+ games that offered free games, but I've never actually seen one in person...
He's using the R board/Flash board for 'Strike it Rich FreeGames' / 'STPFreeGames' etc. -Same pays as my Super Times Pay FreeGames from the looks of it.

Harvs
angryninjas
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2013, 03:44:48 PM »

Is that an S2000 game chip you're using for the glass pictured above?  I know there were S+ games that offered free games, but I've never actually seen one in person...

Could be, but in Erik's emails from Sunkist, he refers to it as "bright lighting"... maybe it was just a typo or brain fart on his end or something, not sure.  Once we got into the official artwork, we just referred to it as the "white plate".  And yeah, Harvz hit it right on the nose.  It's a R Board game.  I've never seen a free games version for an S Plus... do you know of some of the titles?  I remember seeing a "Hawaiian... something, Free Games" slot for sale once, but I thought it was an S2000.  Would love to get ym hands on a free game kit for my S Plus.
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2013, 09:30:45 PM »

I've never seen a free games version for an S Plus... do you know of some of the titles?

I've never seen one in person, but it's mentioned in the IGT Game Types listing.  Type 22 -- "Jungle Fever".  I've also seen reference to a Type 22 game called "Fever Time", but again I've never seen one in person.  Type 26 also appears to have free games.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
angryninjas
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2013, 09:39:45 PM »

The one I seen was. "Hawaian Diamonds".  Here's the link:
http://www.ohiogaming.com/HawaiianDiamond.htm

And yeah, it's S2000.  If anyone find any kits for those type 22 and type 26 games, let know.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.