Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 09:00:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  Just bought a IGT S PLUS Double Diamond (Feedback Request)
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Just bought a IGT S PLUS Double Diamond (Feedback Request)  (Read 13934 times)
ROCKET
ROCKET
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 430

I DONT SELL ON EBAY ITS NOT ME .

« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2009, 03:04:25 PM »

Well, Paypal ruled in my favor, but closed the case  and replied with the following:

"After careful review, we have concluded our investigation of the Buyer Complaint described below.

We have decided in your favor, however, we were unable to recover any funds from the seller's account. As stated in the PayPal User Agreement, recovery of funds associated with a Buyer Complaint cannot be guaranteed.

Please know that we will make our best effort to recover the funds in question if they become available in the seller's account in the future and will take appropriate action against the seller. Such action may include issuing a warning, a temporary restriction, or terminating the account.
Keep in mind that PayPal uses a number of factors to determine when to take action, including member complaints. Due to privacy laws, we cannot discuss the details of any action taken. We hope you understand our policy and that it assures you that you are safe using PayPal."

I am desperate for anyone's advice or information about this company that could help me track anyone associated with this company down.  Thanks!

THIS IS GOOD SOLID ADVISE FROM SOMEONE IN THE BUSINESS .. FORGET DEALING WITH PAYPAL --PAYPAL IS JUST A MIDDLE MAN ..

IF YOU PAID BY CREDIT CARD WHICH I HOPE YOU DID AND ALWAYS DO  IN FUTURE !!!!>>THROUGH YOUR PAYPAL ACCOUNT .. JUST CALL THE MASTERCARD -VISA- ETC .. THAT YOU HAVE WITH WHATEVER BANK AND HAVE THE BANK THAT FUNDED YOUR PURCHASE --"'TACKLE THIS MATTER ""

YOU HAVE LEGAL RIGHTS USING YOUR OWN CREDIT CARD --MANY PEOPLE DONT USE !!!YOU HAVE THE  RIGHT TO DO A CHARGE BACK ON YOUR CREDIT CARD ON ANY PURCHASE THATS BROKEN -NOT AS DESRIBED -NOT NEW -NOT RECIEVED --

REGARDLESS IF ITS SENT TO A NON LEGAL STATE .. THATS JUST B/S THE NON LEGAL STATE PART ..

THE SOLID ADVISE CONTACT THE FINANCIAL INSTITUTION THAT YOUR CREDIT CARD IS HELD WITH ASK FOR CUSTOMER SERVICE SAY YOU PURCHASED A ITEM YOU NEVER RECIEVED PERIOD .. THEY WILL WITHDRAW THE PAYMENT AND REFUND YOUR ACCOUNT ..
ROCKET

IF IT WAS PAID VIA CASH OR MONEY ORDER .. YOUR LOSS   SORRY

The content of your character is your choice. Day by day, WHAT YOU CHOOSE TO POST , what you think & what you do is who you become.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2009, 04:22:26 PM »

Good advice Rocket!  applause applause applause yes
Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 233

« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2009, 05:13:20 PM »

Thanks ROCKET.  I filed a claim with my credit card company this morning per your advice.  Much appreciated. 

Yoeddy's IGT Slot Machine Videos
http://www.youtube.com/user/Yoeddy1
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2009, 08:14:00 PM »

Be aware though, that by doing a chargeback you've probably earned yourself a lifetime ban from PayPal.  That's what they used to do when someone initiated a chargeback -- I don't know if they've changed their policy or not. 

If you have money in your PayPal account, get it out NOW as they'll likely freeze your account and won't give you access to it in the future once they've received the chargeback.

You might be interested in some of the horror stories (on the left side of the page) at http://www.paypalwarning.com/ .
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 08:29:42 PM by knagl » Logged

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2009, 08:18:26 PM »

I could understand the offending seller receiving a ban, but why would the buyer get banned for getting screwed?  Paypal hasn't mentioned or warned of anything like this.

knagl

Kevin

« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2009, 08:49:30 PM »

Because by doing the chargeback you're screwing PayPal out of the money, or really shifting who gets the shaft.  Instead of you getting left holding the bag, you're giving the bag to PayPal.

If the offending seller doesn't have the funds in their account (because PayPal gave them your money and they withdrew it), and then you get the money refunded from PayPal through your credit card dispute, they've paid out the transaction $$ twice, but only got paid for it once.

Again, if you have any significant amount of money sitting in your account, I urge you to pull it out.  I agree that you're the innocent victim here, but to PayPal you just cost them however many dollars your transaction cost, plus another $35 or so as a chargeback fee.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2009, 08:53:47 PM »

Thanks for the info.  At this point, if I'm banned, I'm banned...I just want my loot back.

ROCKET
ROCKET
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 430

I DONT SELL ON EBAY ITS NOT ME .

« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2009, 09:31:14 PM »

Thanks for the info.  At this point, if I'm banned, I'm banned...I just want my loot back.

i agree get your money back from seller or any left in paypal account also close out the cards you have on file with paypal if you have one or a dozen so they dont pull a sneaky like i have seen and bill a card you have on file for some fee in small print . the BIG ONE IS NOTIFY YOUR BANK THAT THE DEBIT CARD OR CREDIT CARD NOT TO EXCEPT ANY ELECTRONIC DRAFTS ON YOUR ACCOUNT FROM PAYPAL EVER AGAIN ON THAT CARD OR ANY OTHER CARDS YOU HAVE LISTED ON FILE  he can always open another paypal account under wife name or use good friends banking info who trust him etc .. but seeing paypal get cut up a few slices would not bother me a bit at there rates for just a simple transfer .. i understand FREE TRADE but not free bend over trade .. you can always open up another ebay account also with another name and paypal with another social security number ..there are so many ways around it its not funny ..

The content of your character is your choice. Day by day, WHAT YOU CHOOSE TO POST , what you think & what you do is who you become.
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2009, 04:32:26 AM »

Please stop spreading FUD and scaring this poor guy.

I'm not sure what "FUD" is, and I wasn't trying to scare him, rather just prepare him for what may be coming.

All I stated was that it would be in his best interest to remove any of his money he has sitting in his PayPal account and to be aware that they may ban him from using PayPal in the future.  If they don't do anything (which is my hope, as Yoeddy was the innocent party here) that's wonderful, but that's not been the experience of a close friend of mine, or others who have posted on the site that I previously mentioned (thankfully I haven't had the 'pleasure' of having to do a chargeback to PayPal myself).

StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2009, 08:12:55 AM »

Yoeddy1, while JG (Ruden) may be correct in his statement that many of the incidents related on the paypalwarning site are not to be taken at face value, I must side with knagl in his precautionary suggestion that you remove all cleared funds from your Paypal account prior to initiating the charge back. I would also suggest that you leave no more of a balance than you would be willing to lose in the checking account attached to your Paypal account as they might try to take funds from there as well. It is not a question of creating unnecessary fear in your mind, but simply a matter of taking the proper precautions to protect yourself.

Should Paypal prove honorable and fail to take any retaliatory measures against you for your action, you will have lost nothing. Simply return the funds after what you feel has been an appropriate amount of time. Should they, however, try to recover their loss at your expense, you will have then thwarted their attempt in advance.

I had a most unpleasant conflict with Paypal several years ago and it was only my precautions and my swift and drastic action that prevented their having their way as they had wished at the time. I must say in their defense that I had dealings with them again much more recently and was happy to have found that their level of customer service had improved immeasurably (in fact, it was non-existent at the time of the first incident). Nonetheless, keep in mind that Paypal has effectively set itself up as a bank, but it is not subject to banking regulations; you have far less recourse in a conflict in which they hold your money hostage than you would with a proper financial institution.

Of course, all of us are merely offering our suggestions and opinions based on our own experience and observations. You will have to decide for yourself how best to handle this situation.

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
idesign
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 509

If it aint broke why mess with it?????

« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2009, 10:26:59 PM »

This topic is now locked since we can't play nicely in here.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.