Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 01:57:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Electromechanical
| | |-+  Another Newbee
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Another Newbee  (Read 4599 times)
gkulp
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 11

« on: November 09, 2011, 10:16:45 PM »

Need some help and advice.

Found the pictured machine and had a few questions:

Can anyone identify the machine?

Apparently it is working, but no keys.  Issue or not?  Cost/effort of key replacement?

Anyone have a lead on where I can get  manual?

Idea of the value (price I should offer)?

Any help, opinions, advice would be well appreciated.

* photo.JPG (136 KB, 600x800 - viewed 245 times.)
kforeman
Today...Slot Tech Tomorrow...Still be a Tech
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 42

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 02:09:10 AM »

NLG Welcome

welcome aboard gkulp.

i am no slot machine historian by any means so i'm going to have to ask for more info.  is there a company name on any of the glass pieces anywhere?  it would probably be pretty small print, i'm wondering about the print beneath the paytable and above the "all pays in coins on center line" message.

and as always...more  Please Post Pictures wouldn't hurt!!

Now You're Techin'!!!
gkulp
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2011, 02:20:17 AM »

Thanks for the welcome.

I am told it is a 1986 Bally.  I have not seen it to verify.
kforeman
Today...Slot Tech Tomorrow...Still be a Tech
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 42

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2011, 02:36:03 AM »

ah one of those "buying blind" situations eh!?  1986 was way before my time in the gaming industry started and i honestly don't think ive ever had my hands on a machine that was older than 1993 or so...so i don't think i'm going to be much help to you with this game if you buy it.  there are some Bally peeps who swing through nlg  so i'm sure you will be able to find some help if/when you need it.
i've drilled a few locks out of machines so i know that can be done.  if you're just going to have it in your game room or garage then you probably don't really need locks on it. yes  if you decide you want them i do remember seeing someone recently discussing locks at a pretty low price, something around $5-10 each i think.  check the classified section.
i'm sure someone around here will have a manual once you figure out exactly which model it is you have.  cheese
 Cry Laughing Cry Laughing
the value of the machine is exactly.............what someone is willing to pay!! rotflmao rotflmao bust gut laughing bust gut laughing Crazy Crazy rotflmao rotflmao bust gut laughing bust gut laughing bust gut laughing bust gut laughing

sorry gkulp but that's one of "those" questions that so many new members ask that some of the nlg  veterans get tired of reading it.  kinda like i get tired of hearing "press the win button while you're in there" about 20 times per day for the last decade.  please don't be put off or offended at all, this is a great place to come get help on slot machines and there is very little flaming ever.

more seriously though...the value of a slot machine can vary significantly even for two machines that are nearly identical.  i don't know much about it so hopefully some of the other members and maybe some vendors will chime in for you.  if it looks like something you will want to tinker with and play for years to come then you already know what it's worth to you!  good luck and welcome again.  yes

Now You're Techin'!!!
proten
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 210

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2011, 02:37:18 AM »

Is there a Id plate on the side below the slot arm?
Give us that info.
It looks like a E series but not sure if it is a E 1000 or E 2000.

One step at a time.
BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 499

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2011, 03:06:40 AM »

is that machine located in Pensacola FL?
Mr. Dinoman
Mr. Dinoman
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 139

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2011, 01:40:30 PM »

It's a Bally E-series...Built between 1980-1986

* 100_1047.JPG (661.06 KB, 1728x2304 - viewed 221 times.)
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2011, 07:50:40 PM »

I agree with the others that you're looking at a Bally E-series machine. You might want to browse the Bally Reel Slots board for posts about E-series machines before deciding to buy it. They can be highly problematic.

Stat garfield

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
gkulp
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2011, 11:31:54 PM »

How much work and cost is highly problematic?   frying pan

I prused the Bally Board referenced and there seems to be quite a few issues, but solutions to most.  stir the pot / get cooking
StatFreak

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2011, 05:28:27 AM »

I prused the Bally Board referenced and there seems to be quite a few issues, but solutions to most.  stir the pot / get cooking

Agreed. It's all a matter of perspective. If you like to roll up your sleeves and are handy, you'll be able to deal with most issues that come up. Then again, you might get lucky and have no problems at all with it. I just wanted to give you a heads up that they're not the most robust machines around and I wouldn't recommend one to a newbie who was looking for a turnkey machine that wouldn't give them any trouble.

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
StatFreak

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2011, 01:58:40 AM »

Topic moved to the Bally EM board.

gkulp
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2012, 12:28:30 PM »

Got the machine up an running (pending a few light issues). I could never had done it without the help and guidance of PROTEN (Karma Sent).  Not only did he give me advice on fixes, he tested and repaired my non-functional sound board.  Great help from a very generous person.   Clap Thanks Paul.

Greg
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.