Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 02:23:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Other Reel Games
| | |-+  Identify an aristocrat machine and an error message
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Identify an aristocrat machine and an error message  (Read 2830 times)
panky
« on: November 28, 2011, 08:01:41 AM »

Hi guys,

I was hoping someone could identify my Aristocrat machine. Ive owned it for about 5 years.. When i got it home it didnt work but by sheer luck i was able to get it to work..( once turned on i had a sequence to follow (1) open door (2) turn both keys on righthand side (3) press and hold all buttons inside the top of the door for 3 seconds..)  and she would come to life.. Recently she stopped again with a error code "coin in photo-optics" .. Can someone please help? any info would be great..

Thanks

* 001.JPG (414 KB, 768x1024 - viewed 227 times.)

* 002.JPG (418.5 KB, 768x1024 - viewed 219 times.)
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 06:45:17 AM »

Welcome to the site!

I've never seen one of those before myself, but for what it's worth, the coin-in optics are what inserted coins pass through once they've been validated by a coin comparator or a physical coin acceptor, and before they're directed to the hopper or the drop box.  They are usually a series of two or three light optics that detect the presence of a coin and its direction of travel (to prevent stringing).

In general terms, with the power off look on the inside of the door where coins are inserted and check for any loose or broken wires along the path that an inserted coin would travel.  It's also possible that a foreign object is stuck in the optics (a piece of paper or cardboard or something) causing one or more of them to be blocked and not ready to accept a coin.  If there is a large amount of dust in there, that could also be the cause of your trouble, and a quick spray with an compressed air can could help to clean them out.

It's also possible that one or more of the optics has failed.  In which case you will likely need to find a replacement for it in order to get your machine back up and running.  Check for the obvious stuff first, though (loose/broken wires and/or debris in the optics area).

Best of luck to you!

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
panky
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 08:14:15 AM »

Thanks Knagl.. For you time .. i have had alittle clean in my machine and a look but cant seem to see anything wrong or dirty/dusty..i'd be guessing that i might need to source a new optic because my niece was using it when the error message came up... Is there a way to check which optic might be not working? and is there many different types of optics? I've tried to research alittle but im not sure what model i should be looking for.. as i cant find a Aristocrat "Wild Flowers" machine.
proten
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 210

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2011, 01:31:36 PM »

Email sent

One step at a time.
panky
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2011, 11:54:15 AM »

Thanks Proten for the email.. was very close to my machine and enjoyable reading.. there was alot of checks i will try when i get the machine to work again.. ive tried to eliminate which optics i can by using a multimeter and what little knowledge i have of electronics.. the only abnormal thing i can see with the coin optics is one of the smaller printed circuit boards seems to have about 22v dc to it where as all the rest have about 5v.. i'd be guessing that this is my problem but would greatly appreciate if someone could confirm this? also is there a way to test that optic with a multimeter?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.