Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 08:42:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Other Reel Games
| | |-+  J400 Jennings Logic PCB
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: J400 Jennings Logic PCB  (Read 6644 times)
ramegoom
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 40

« on: December 30, 2012, 09:34:39 PM »

Quick tech question: What does the trimpot on the J400 logic board adjust? Is it the system clock?
Thanks!
John
slotsteve
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 139

we are opened a home sale store on us 58

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2012, 11:15:04 AM »

we use to sell jenning in mid 80,s  i thinking  time of reel spining , but i drank alot more then and a lot is still in a haze
ramegoom
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2012, 12:09:54 PM »

I'm thinking you're right. So, I'm gonna tweak it and see what happens. Old-school TTL logic, must be a clock for the system.

Any chance a schematic might be available out there? Anyone?
slotsteve
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2012, 12:15:54 PM »

in the 80,s we bought a lot of them thur a bank in reno  who held the paper on them most had dead batterys was a great deal at 100 each, shipped them back east by air for 25each to philly , those were the days
ramegoom
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2012, 12:24:00 PM »

The battery on the board is a 4.8v NiCad, and it has corroded and leached all the acid onto the board. No longer available, but I am using a cordless phone battery pack in its place, wired in. The original battery holder is all rotted out anyway. Otherwise, the machine works perfectly, managed to get everything right.

The ratchet on the handle was missing, so I had to fabricate one based on an old picture of the handle mechanism. This is getting to be fun....newbie sucked in to this world!
slotsteve
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2012, 12:42:05 PM »

enjoy your new toy they are fun and more fun when you fix something on them yourself
ramegoom
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2013, 12:13:48 AM »

OK, experimenting with the adjustment, the trimpot sets system clock speed; the time in milliseconds that the reels spin, before reel 1 stops. I can speed it up, reels won't even spin one revolution, or slow it down where they spin about three revolutions before the first one stops.

The only problem is, if you run the reels longer, the "set" time for coin acceptance also lengthens. This is a problem when you feed coins as you have to wait for an unusually long period of time before the coin mechanism can accept coins.

So.

I need to know where in the circuitry the coin acceptance delay is controlled. It must be a delay based on clock counts, i.e. x amount of clock cycles before "coin accept ready" can occur. What I'd like to do is shorten that time sequence, possibly bypassing a portion of the clock counter register to cause the coin accept ready event to occur much sooner than it's designed to do.

I am probably far reaching with my thoughts, but I'm putting it out there anyway, hoping someone in the tech arena actually understands what I'm trying to do. It's pretty simple TTL logic, and I am certain it can be done. I just need a schematic to start with.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks for any insight.
Op-Bell
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 326

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2013, 06:13:45 AM »

Email sent.
ramegoom
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2013, 12:19:46 PM »

@op-bell THANKS for the information. I am decoding the pinouts and will find a way to accomplish what I'm after. I read other threads about how addictive these machines become, and here I am at the beginning of it. Oboy here it comes...

I am into cars and this slot crowd is no different. Once you get started!

Thanks again. I will post results. Also, I am taking out the factory battery holder and replacing the battery with a cordless phone battery pack, will post pictures on that as well.
ramegoom
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2013, 03:57:19 PM »

Battery replacement. This was simple, but I'm posting hoping possibly it will help others with a similar problem. The original NiCad was long gone, rusting and destroying the original clips and part of the PC board. Cheap cordless phone NiCad battery, soldered in, problem solved for the next few years anyway.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.