Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 01:00:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Other Reel Games
| | |-+  Jennings J400 ???
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Jennings J400 ???  (Read 4784 times)
SWT56
Sam
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 1

« on: June 19, 2013, 01:48:59 PM »

I have a Jennings J400 very similar to "ramegoom's". My problem is as follows: The machine was working at about 80%. lights, coin excepter and everything were fine. Just the reels wouldnt stop spinnng after the coins were inserted and the handle was pulled. Took out the main board and cleaned off the corroded area and replaced the battery, then went through and replaced the problem components to the best of my knowledge. Did not move any wires or make any changes inside the cabinet. When I put the main board back, NOTHING but the fluorescent lights worked. I used the transformer wiring schematic as a reference and my findings were as follows. My findings are in bright red. I was careful not to loosen or damage any wiring, but obviously something went wrong.

* Transformer Wiring.jpg (1671.46 KB, 2370x1801 - viewed 483 times.)
slotsteve
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 139

we are opened a home sale store on us 58

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2013, 02:04:20 PM »

for spinning reels your trouble is bad reel relay small black box on rear or cabinet  should have 4 wires on it , they go bad a lot we had alot of these games in  mid 80,s total headaches  but cheap around 200 each back then
SWT56
Sam

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2013, 02:08:16 PM »

That couldn't possibly have anything to do with the change in  voltage could it?
slotsteve
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 139

we are opened a home sale store on us 58

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2013, 04:44:38 PM »

i can,t see all the red numbers  clearly  but that 36 v where it should be 24 is not good  ,i have not touched a  s/sjenning since late 80,s , only the mech ones that i still have , i hated them, was a bally 800,s guy here  809 873 831 ect
again good luck
SWT56
Sam

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2013, 04:48:58 PM »

Thank you for your response
ramegoom
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 40

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2013, 07:39:59 PM »

Are you getting an "Insert Coin" light? If the reset keyswitch is on the reset position, the reels won't spin when you pull the handle. The machine will just sit there and do nothing. Fluorescent lights are independent of the slot controls so they'll always work if there is power.

Does your logic board have a battery or does it have the cap fix? Removing the battery if it's in might help.

I can't understand how a transformer can put out more than it's designed to do. You might be seeing noise on your meter. Try using an analog voltmeter to check voltages on the terminal strip.
SWT56
Sam

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2013, 07:48:16 PM »

I will check the voltage with an analog meter and post as soon as i have the findings. Thanks
Op-Bell
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 326

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2013, 04:43:16 AM »

I don't think the 24V supply is regulated, so 36V off load wouldn't surprise me. The 5V supply should of course be 5V all the time.
SWT56
Sam

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2013, 03:34:47 PM »

Thank you for the feedback Op-Bell. I wasn't quite sure how that worked, I know that anytime I've checked random power supplies for other electronics, the voltage was never the same as the listed output printed on the supply.
Op-Bell
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 326

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2013, 05:42:54 PM »

If you put an AC supply through a rectifier into a smoothing capacitor, but don't draw any current out, the capacitor charges up to the peak value of the AC, which is root-2 (1.414) times the mean. So a 24V supply, unloaded, will get up to 34V or so. Nothing to worry about, it's always designed to take it.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.