Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 27, 2024, 05:27:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Other Reel Games
| | |-+  Help With Mills War Eagle
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Help With Mills War Eagle  (Read 6703 times)
rac43
« on: September 23, 2009, 02:48:01 PM »

I read and saw a lots of great info and photos in the forum so perhaps some of you folks can advise me.
I have a old (Royal) repro War Eagle, had it for 15 years or longer. Anyway, has worked perfectly till I decided to oil it up( 3in1machine oil) a month ago.( never WD40)
Now, pays off at weird combos, not with the pay table any longer. Sounds are the same as before. I have taken the mech. out and sprayed the slides with degreaseser,
blew out with air comp, same results. I'v hit the slides with high pressure solvent and still pays wierd. Five coins for 2 oranges??? Can anyone advise me? I will remove and clean the slides if
thanks what it takes but it's a last resort for me. I can post more photos of the mech if that will help.
Thanks
Bob bawling

* war eag 1.jpg (141.71 KB, 480x640 - viewed 208 times.)

* war eag 2.jpg (109.37 KB, 640x480 - viewed 196 times.)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 04:08:00 PM by rac43 » Logged
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2009, 04:24:45 PM »

I am sure it's not me but all your strips look...upside down?
Stolistic
Contributing Gold NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 188

Resistance is futile. You will be emulated.

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2009, 04:47:51 PM »

I am sure it's not me but all your strips look...upside down?

No, the door is on the back of the unit, so the orientation is correct.  I would suspect the reel strips did get misaligned though and therefore give the wrong payouts.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2009, 05:45:31 PM »

His strips are sliding on all the 3in1 machine oil he put in it!?   Weird Eyes
rac43
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2009, 06:21:40 PM »

Just to advise, the photos are from the rear of the slot with the mech. still inside the case. When I oiled the mech., never released the strip wheels, they never moved. Did NOT get any oil under the reel strips. This problem HAS to be caused by oiling the machine, somehow????.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 06:50:39 PM by rac43 » Logged
ROCKET
ROCKET
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 430

I DONT SELL ON EBAY ITS NOT ME .

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2009, 06:54:27 PM »

POSTER REMOVED POST
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 01:48:11 PM by ROCKET » Logged

The content of your character is your choice. Day by day, WHAT YOU CHOOSE TO POST , what you think & what you do is who you become.
FOXSSLOTS1
Resigned NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 323

Me at work

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2009, 06:59:02 PM »

check the hole layout on your discs - if you get 3 oranges the "finger" should goes thru 3 holes in your payout discs.  the payout holes starting from the outside cherries / oranges / plums /bells / bars. If you are getting a the payout finger going thru the 1st hole (you would get 2 or 5 coins) - if the payline is showing oranges and you are getting cherry payouts - then your reel strips have moved.  If the orange pay is going thru all 3 holes and you only getting 5 coins - then your slides are sticking - one of the release arms behind the slide is sticking.
ROCKET
ROCKET
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 430

I DONT SELL ON EBAY ITS NOT ME .

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2009, 07:02:46 PM »

POSTER REMOVED POST
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 01:47:23 PM by ROCKET » Logged

The content of your character is your choice. Day by day, WHAT YOU CHOOSE TO POST , what you think & what you do is who you become.
rac43
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2009, 07:14:17 PM »

Thanks so much guys for the answers above. I played the slot till it payed off 2 coins which on this slot means 1 cherry. Turned my reels till all three had the strip starts lined up viewed from the back. Then turned the first reel to the first cherry viewed from the front. Had to turn the first strip five clicks. Then turned the other two stips five clicks. NOW it pays of perfectly. Somehow the reels got out of alignment. Now pays off like it should, 2 for 1 cherry, 5 for 2. Thanks again for all your help!!!!!!!!! Hail
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2009, 11:32:26 PM »

I'm so happy you got your machine working the way it should! yes

uh....take it easy with the oil next time.... Tongue Out
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2009, 09:07:06 AM »

rac43, I'm glad to hear that you've got your machine back in shape. I'd love to see a picture of the front. yummy

Jim and Barry, I realize that the question is a day late and a dollar short, but for future reference, is 3-in-1 oil an appropriate lubricant for these old mechs?  Scratch Head  It wouldn't have been my first choice. no

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
rac43
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2009, 12:57:46 PM »

Thanks guys, photo of the front.

* war eag b .jpg (92.33 KB, 344x464 - viewed 201 times.)
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2009, 01:17:55 PM »

That's a beautiful piece rac43!  yes
Thank you for posting a picture of it!  applause
Op-Bell
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 326

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2009, 05:02:01 AM »

Nice machine. People bitch and moan about these repros from Royal Bell but they make fine game room machines for people who aren't hard-assed purist collectors. All the "antique" Golden Nugget machines in the Vegas tourist traps come from the Royal Bell factory. Collectors hate them passionately, probably because they're so good it's hard to tell them from the real thing, although new, they cost much more than a genuine antique machine. It's funny when one comes up at a collectors' auction, nobody will bid on it.... I've seen some go incredibly cheap, like for $100 to the first person brave enough to face down the crowd and put his hand up. A buddy of mine got a repro Jennings Sun Chief for $125 that way. The only way you can tell it from the real thing is that the plastic light strips on the front are cast resin, not molded.
rac43
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2009, 11:53:15 AM »

Thanks Op-BELL, I have had 4-5 original bells, a Extrabell, Bursting Cherry and 3 hightops, a Jennings Dutch Boy and a Pace. Personally, I like the tightness of this Royal bell for game room use as that is what I use it for. No one that comes to my house would know a Bell from a Pace. ttth
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 01:45:54 PM by rac43 » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.