Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 03:03:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Other Reel Games
| | |-+  pace space ace ??? help
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: pace space ace ??? help  (Read 5937 times)
coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 79

« on: February 04, 2010, 11:20:41 PM »

Looking for a manual for one of these?  any ideas?  I know it is a 1965 but not much else. The following is what I know about the company that made them.

" My guess as to what years these machine were made in, from like 1955 to 1964. I can tell you something about them, Pace sold out in December of 1950 when the federal anti-slot machine law was imminent, ("The Johnson act") with Pace (becoming Ace, then Space) with production moving to Franklin Park, an industrialized suburb of Chicago. In 1958 the new Ace "Pace" machine was introduced where they opened the front of the machine, we call that an "open front machine when describing the type of slot machine", and it was Pace/Ace/space that developed this design and the world followed with there new machines. Information starts to get fuzzy around here as to Alstate. Space owner owner Earl Missler became the the principal stockholder in the newly established Alstate Coin Machine Company located in Henderson Nevada. Primarily an operator of Space machines, Alstate also acted as a distributor, exporter, maintenance center and ultimately a manufacturer of Space products for its Nevada operation's. I think a ton of these ended up going to the U.S. Military Forces overseas. Well, that is what is in my nut shell about the whole thing. Oh, I think the whole thing ended with the company now called Coin Devices Inc., operating from 1964 to 1968 back in Illinois once again."

* slot closup.JPG (154.51 KB, 480x640 - viewed 243 times.)

* slotopen.JPG (154.5 KB, 480x640 - viewed 265 times.)
coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2010, 11:22:02 PM »

More pics

* slot fnt.JPG (151.56 KB, 480x640 - viewed 230 times.)

* slotdoor.JPG (146.65 KB, 480x640 - viewed 237 times.)
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2010, 11:57:12 PM »

It's amazing how that looks so much like an old bally pinball machine.
I hope you get that puppy working nice!
Parts must be rare though...
Neonkiss
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 436

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2010, 12:27:20 AM »

" My guess as to what years these machine were made in, from like 1955 to 1964. I can tell you something about them, Pace sold out in December of 1950 when the federal anti-slot machine law was imminent, ("The Johnson act") with Pace (becoming Ace, then Space) with production moving to Franklin Park, an industrialized suburb of Chicago. In 1958 the new Ace "Pace" machine was introduced where they opened the front of the machine, we call that an "open front machine when describing the type of slot machine", and it was Pace/Ace/space that developed this design and the world followed with there new machines. Information starts to get fuzzy around here as to Alstate. Space owner owner Earl Missler became the the principal stockholder in the newly established Alstate Coin Machine Company located in Henderson Nevada. Primarily an operator of Space machines, Alstate also acted as a distributor, exporter, maintenance center and ultimately a manufacturer of Space products for its Nevada operation's. I think a ton of these ended up going to the U.S. Military Forces overseas. Well, that is what is in my nut shell about the whole thing. Oh, I think the whole thing ended with the company now called Coin Devices Inc., operating from 1964 to 1968 back in Illinois once again."

Hello... Calling Op-bell.
If anyone can give us a history lesson he's your guy.

Nothing brings people together better than a common enemy
343 / 60 brothers lost on that day.
coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2010, 01:11:24 AM »

Trying to help out a friend, its not mine no Wish it was
Op-Bell
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 326

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2010, 04:23:40 AM »

I have very little to add to the description above, except to add that Space ended up in Maryland, not Illinois. These machines were a hybrid of Pace mechanisms and Bally electrical parts, but with the old fashioned payout fingers they couldn't compete against Bally and didn't sell well. I believe, though I can't back it up, that Space may have eventually been sold to a Japanese company, since that unique triangular sloping coin entry made a brief reappearance on Japanese machines imported by Gamex in the 1970s.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.