Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 03:21:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Other Reel Games
| | |-+  Any information about this machine or an operators manual
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Any information about this machine or an operators manual  (Read 4353 times)
bigdog75043
« on: May 04, 2010, 06:08:47 AM »

I found this in a garage sell, it works (mostly). I was wondering if anyone can tell me anything about it and where I might could find an owners manual. I only ended up paying 35 cents for it. $15 to purchase, but it had $14.65 in it when I got home. It's made by a company called c.o.p.s. ltd, but I couldn't find anything on the web about them.  The main issue I am having with it is that it  doesn't always pay out on winning combinations.  Any help would be appreciatred.

Until I can get photos to upload here, they can be seen at this link
http://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=132521

* CIMG3107.JPG (351.76 KB, 1280x960 - viewed 195 times.)

* CIMG3109.JPG (351.54 KB, 1280x960 - viewed 194 times.)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 08:35:45 PM by bigdog75043 » Logged
bigdog75043
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 06:15:22 AM »

I keep getting this message when I try to upload a picture.  I know my pic is small enough, only 48kb.  Any help on posting a picture would be appreciated.

The upload folder is full. Please try a smaller file and/or contact an administrator.
CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 622

I haven't met a Jackpot that I didn't like!!!

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010, 03:53:14 PM »

I keep getting this message when I try to upload a picture.  I know my pic is small enough, only 48kb.  Any help on posting a picture would be appreciated.

The upload folder is full. Please try a smaller file and/or contact an administrator.

Give it a try now.... I had to bump up the server space a bit more again! wave wave wave

CaptainHappy CaptainHappy
 nlg ADMIN

Come sail away, Come sail away Come sail away with me..
Op-Bell
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 326

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010, 02:33:25 AM »

I was going to say that looks like a British machine, but then I perceive from your email address that's where you are, so duh. It looks electromechanical, not processor, and if so everything is fixable with a bit of patience.

I've never seen a C.O.P.S machine before, but you would be surprised how many unknown British manufacturers came and went in the period from 1970 until the breweries took over and consolidated the business to three or four. I wonder if this is an early Peter Simper. Is there any serial number plate with maybe an address or phone number? PS was in Bordon.

UK EM machines of 1970s vintage tended to be all ungrounded 240v circuitry, so check your life insurance before you go poking about. Some photos of the innards would help me to make more informed suggestions. I can't see any start or hold buttons - is it a mechanical guts with a handle, with electric payout?

Op-Bell
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 326

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2010, 10:18:43 PM »

We're having a discussion about this machine off-line. It's a Mills mechanism conversion in a custom case, with electromechanical crediting and payout.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.