Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 27, 2024, 01:08:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Other Reel Games
| | |-+  Pharaoh's Gold Reel Error 24
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pharaoh's Gold Reel Error 24  (Read 8129 times)
Dohboy
« on: October 28, 2010, 11:09:27 AM »

Good day chaps,  wave

Not sure is this in the right section, apologies if not.

I'd recently came across the above machine as it was being thrown out and I couldn't pass it up.  I've never been much of a slot machine player but figured it would be a fun way to save those extra coins during hard times.

Upon firing her up and hearing the almost police siren like noise it's reporting a Reel Error 24 on the LED dash.  If I look inside the machine the reels 2 and 3 have the red LED lit up however 1 and 4 do not.  They do seem to try and align when turned on or at least show some life.

Could anyone give me a nudge (no pun intended hehe) as to the direction I'd need to go to rectify this if possible.  Is it a general reset which can be done or does this sound more along the lines of a mechanical gubbings issue ?

It smells like a fair ground inside heh

Kind Regards and thanks in advance

Doh
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2010, 11:40:45 AM »

Do you have the reset key for it?
I'd turn it once to see if you get any other instructions perhaps.
What brand/model of machine is this?
Is it an IGT S+ or an S2000?
Dohboy
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 12:23:13 PM »

Hello there thanks for the reply.

I assume so I have a bunch of keys that come with it I think theres about 7 all together.  Where would the reset be located using the key ?

The brand and model hmm apart from what it says on the front as Pharaohs Gold there is no identifiable stickers on the inside, lemme see what google has to say....

http://www.advance-leisure.com/acatalog/Club-ClassicPharaohsGold.jpg

Took some googling but this was closest I could find it's pretty much this one but not "Classic" just Pharaohs Gold I think from Bellfruit was under Cat B4 (club) on the website.

Regards,

Doh
Dohboy
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2010, 03:12:27 PM »

I managed to fix it somehow - seems the reels connectors were mis-aligned with the pins just to update

Regards,

Doh
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2010, 03:49:34 PM »

Awessome!! It's good that you gave us an update on it!
I'm happy you figured it out!
Things somehow get loose now and then when machines get moved around.
By the way, that's a pretty nice looking machine...does yours look nice and clean like that?

That machine does appear to be a WMS sit down slant machine...
I could be wrong though.
Why not open the door and take a peek at the MPU board and chips and report back to us?
Make sure the power is turned off.

Also, I have no idea where the reset key goes on a slant...
I'd guess somewhere on the top right-hand side?
Dohboy
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2010, 06:52:59 PM »

Hey,

Yeah no problem, I had a bit of fun earlier playing on it.  I'd say a little duller, slight tint of dust where it seems to have slowly worked its way in under the glass but I suspect nothing that couldn't be cleaned with the face off.  Little dubious about un-screwing anything though, damn theres lots of fiddly wires!! The Hold button which controls the 1st wheel doesn't light up but thats about it defects wise.

What am I looking for on the MPU board ? What's that Main Processing Unit ? Is it identifiable and will this possibly have a more specific model type are you getting at there ?

I had a look earlier inside but tbh I need to take a better look with a torch for a reset key hole, I'll try and get a photo of it when I get some batteries for my digi cam tomorrow hopefully shed some light.

There looks to be around £10 worth of 50p's too in one of the tubes I'm just crap at fruit machines never played them in past really as I said more of a fun way to save I thought so was looking to at a release for this as I seem to fail in building up the ladder to the jackpot hehe

Did think about Ebay when I took it if I got it working but I've been enjoying it !

Regards,

Doh

knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2010, 08:14:44 PM »

That machine does appear to be a WMS sit down slant machine...
I could be wrong though.

I don't think so, Mark -- it's a British "Fruit Machine" -- I don't think WMS is over there at all.

From the site where that picture is:
"This is a Classic Pharaohs Gold fruit machine brought to you by Bellfruit Games, housed in the Bellfruit Eclispe front opening cabinet."

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2010, 08:50:13 PM »

Bunker  IGT and Bally slant tops, the reset key is located right below the arm cushion, ( next to the main door lock ) it would be directly  below your left elbow when your playing the machine.

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2010, 09:38:51 PM »

Bunker  IGT and Bally slant tops, the reset key is located right below the arm cushion, ( next to the main door lock ) it would be directly  below your left elbow when your playing the machine.

Oh that's cool!
I hate the way they put the reset key way up on the right-hand side on S2000's.
It's okay when you're an "Attendant" and working on a machine standing up
but not when you're sitting on a chair or stool at home.
You have to have arm's length like an Meadowlark Lemon....lol
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2010, 02:26:56 AM »

We do have a few members from the U.K. as well as western Europe. They might be able to help you out with manuals and other information about your machine.

You might want to pm theDotster, although I don't know if he has any fruit machines.
Ozzy might also have some information on them, even though he's not in that part of the world right now. rotflmao

Perhaps some other members who know about these and have some docs will post. stir the pot / get cooking

Stat garfield

<P.S.> K+ Doh, for posting back to let us know you found the solution. yes
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 02:34:44 AM by StatFreak » Logged

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
StatFreak

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2010, 02:31:10 AM »

I'm moving this thread to the "Other Reel Slots" board.

If we can confirm that this is a Bellfruit Game, I can change the subject of the thread in the hope that another member might see it and post with an offer of some documents.

StatFreak garfield
nlg  Global Moderator
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 02:37:28 AM by StatFreak » Logged

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
Dohboy
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2010, 05:07:21 PM »

Hello hello,

Ok links below are the images of it.

http://img222.imageshack.us/i/img0147ut.jpg/

http://img524.imageshack.us/i/img0146xj.jpg/

http://img213.imageshack.us/i/img0148ku.jpg/

Hopefully you can make this out, so does this mean its a Bellfruit "Club" type with the 3 bells above coin slot ?

Would anyone know the sequence needed for the payout as I did find the key as stated left hold button about 8 inches down where it slopes back.

Thanks for all the replies very helpful of you all

Regards,

Doh
Dohboy
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2010, 06:06:14 PM »

Bleedin ell!  Duh!

In tinkering - I had both front bottom and back doors open and noticed that playing with the pressure switches did in fact display

20, 50, 1pd In and Out and Ref on the digital display and did get to where it said under the 50p that it recorded 19 in it

However, as I was playing (only with the pressure switches) it seems to have just killed it

The red lights are all on on the PSU at the bottom and the LED lights on the reels looking from the inside appear to be all on but the machine itself doesn't seem to have any life now!

Is it possible to kill it whilst playing with the pressure switches ?

Regards

Doh
StatFreak

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2010, 08:59:03 AM »

I thought I'd give this another Bump with the hope that someone might be able to help Dohboy fix this British fruit machine.

Stat garfield

Here are the pictures referenced in reply 11.

« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 09:06:03 AM by StatFreak » Logged

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.