Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 02:11:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  General NLG Chat
| |-+  NLG Members Users Request.
| | |-+  Slot Machine Repair- In-Home Repair Nedded
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slot Machine Repair- In-Home Repair Nedded  (Read 2175 times)
thatmankev
« on: June 10, 2012, 08:51:40 PM »

Anyone know a company that does in-home slot machine repairs in Northeast Ohio? I am also open to any suggestions to places that may be able to fix this other than a company that specializes in slot machines. My point in saying that is I'm not sure if your everyday electrician can do it or not, so I'm open to any input anyone may have into how I can get this fixed. Just so you know, the problem is with a 1981 Bally single line slot machine and the problem with the machine is that it won't pay out. Thanks in advance for any help.
CVslots
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 02:24:48 AM »

A "company that specializes in slot machines" will be your best bet, due to the fact they are much more familiar with the internal workings of slot machines, from that era, and others typically. Any good, decent, or even fair slot tech will be of much more value to you than an "everyday electrician", as you will find that they will be able to test and troubleshoot components, etc.  You need someone who is familiar with slot machines from the early 80s, or they will not even know what they are looking at, to be honest...which leads you back to a "company that specializes in slot machines".  OR, if you're mechanically inclined a bit, post some more details about your machine, and someone here will surely chime in and help you out with your problem.    yes

thatmankev
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2012, 04:27:23 PM »

Thanks for the input, I've been doing a lot of research and I've come to find out the problem lies in the step-up mechanism. When something that wins comes up on the line the step up will only go to the amount won if I manually step it up by pushing the button inside the machine until I get to the winning amount. Once that happens the coins start popping out of the hopper and the "winner paid" light comes on. After getting the money to pay out the mechanism will sometimes step back counter-clockwise after each ensuing pull and sometimes it will simply stay on the last amount won if I stepped it up to that number to get it to pay out.

Can anyone tell me how the step up is supposed to work? From my understanding I should be able to reset it and it should go back to 2 on the face of it, but when I press the release it doesn't move, I can manually move it back to 2, but still no luck. If I do thatit starts stepping back behind the number 2 and it seems like it shouldnt do that if that's where its reset to.  It seems like 2 is as far back as it should go considering its reset but it goes behind a click on each pull.
OldReno
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 175

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2012, 05:22:22 PM »

Can you post a picture of the hopper?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.