Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 11:55:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Alpha Reel Games. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  Alpha Game Change, This Is A Strange One
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Alpha Game Change, This Is A Strange One  (Read 3021 times)
mvco
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 41

« on: January 17, 2014, 11:36:36 PM »

Hi all,

After enjoying my simple single line, 3 credit 1.00 denomination Rich & Famous power progressive game the last year, I thought it was time for a change.  Installed a new kit, Nothing fancy, just a single line, 2 credit bet 5 Times pay 10 Times Pay.  One of the classic series of Alpha 3 reel games.  Anyhow, I get the kit installed, and what a surprise, this one has a newer game CF card, made in 2009, that has it to where the backlit reels stay lit all the time, like the other newer games I saw in Vegas last trip.  Way cool, looks more modern all lit up like that, and a fun, yet simple game to boot.  Or not to boot.

Well, here is where the hell starts.  I play this game after setting it up, played for hours in fact.  The next day, I go to boot it up, goes through all the usual boot crap, but stays on the screen "loading game" with the blue background that says Alpha on it.  After rebooting about 10-12 times, the game did come up!  I play away once again.

Next day, same thing, getting stuck on the loading game part of the boot cycle.  Again, after rebooting about 10 times, the game comes up.  This rebooting is taking hours, as I give it about 20 plus minutes to even an hour between reboot attempts.

I finally said screw it, and loaded up my old Power Progressive to see if it would boot properly every time.  It does!  Fully boots every thime the power is cycled.  So, I clear, and load my new 5X 10X again, and same thing, many attempts until the bastard will boot.  I load Power progressive in yet again, and sure enough, boots every time.  With this in mind, I am thinking my CPU is good, but WTF?  Hopefully someone can bail me out with some info on what to do.

Here is the details of the machine:

Computer, is 200173 Rev E
O/S CF card is AVO0000326-00
Game card for my new game I am struggling with is 300217A
Jurisdiction chip, was an AZ tribal, changed to a general Nevada to see if that would help-no change
Bios chip is a AVBBPRO0R809-00

Batteries both just over 3 volts and are new,

I am stumped, game works great with Power Progressive, but rarely boots with the new title I want to run.  I have reloaded and set up the new title many, many times, and cleared the RAM 4-6 times each run thorough just to make sure evrything is cleared.  Something must not be compatible I wonder?

Truly ready to bash my head in the wall, LOL's
mvco
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2014, 09:06:48 PM »

Man, I was sure hoping someone would have some idea as to why this is happening.  I have been trying to get the game booted for about 6 hours now.  Really just quicker to clear it and reinstall the game every time I want to play it.  Interesting, it NEVER hangs up, and quickly loads after a clear for setup.  But once set up, lots of luck getting past the "loading game" icon.

Any ideas, I am all ears!  :-)
CVslots
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2014, 09:27:48 PM »

Haven't we seen something like this before? I can't remember exactly, but seemed to be the OS? Scratch Head Scratch Head  Just throwing it out there, in hopes of jogging someone's memory...

mvco
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2014, 10:14:22 PM »

Thanks Roz, I know someone should have some ideas.  I even tried swapping a different O/S card, of the same number in case the one I had in there was corrupt.  

BTW, after trying all day, and about the 15th attempt, my game is booted now.  Will not be turning the power off the rest of the day, keep that baby running  :-)  Tomorrow the nightmare can begin again, as I really do like leaving the machines on overnight.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.