Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 08:15:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  CLOSED TOPICS
| |-+  New Life Games Classifieds for 1-1-2014
| | |-+  WTB IGT KEY00002
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: WTB IGT KEY00002  (Read 8091 times)
4 Deuces
Resigned NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 698

« on: January 07, 2014, 02:23:58 PM »

I posted a WTB for KEY00001 and no one had it.  For the heck of it, I'd like to try KEY00002 and see if that will key Game King 3.x.  Key 17, 22 and 40 don't work on GK 3.x.  I read that it requires Key 1, which no one has, so perhaps Key 2 will do it? Scratch Head

:Dave
4 Deuces
Resigned NLG Member

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 02:25:44 PM »

I'm "assuming" an RBK00001 (R-Board Key) wouldn't work either.
fanninislots
Contributing Gold NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 86

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2014, 06:24:56 PM »

Is your game king on a 3902 board or a 044 board?

Ben

4 Deuces
Resigned NLG Member

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2014, 08:19:20 PM »

3902 using old GK 3.x software.
fanninislots

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2014, 08:40:23 PM »

The Key 22 should do a ram clear. Everything happens on the screen.

Ben

fanninislots

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2014, 08:43:07 PM »

how old is the board? If it's the old 3802 you could run into the problem you having.

Ben

TheAirBalancer
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 32

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2014, 08:50:25 PM »

I have a Game King 3.0 on a 3902 and use a key 17 to make changes without losing the previous settings. My understanding is that a key 22 will clear and key but I haven't used it yet since my machine is fully set up already.

az_flag
4 Deuces
Resigned NLG Member

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2014, 09:05:43 PM »

Thanks all.  Here's the scoop ...

It's a 3902 (not 3802) board on a 17" GK upright.

Tried 17, got purple screen, but upon restart, the game is not in KEYCHIP menu.  This works for me on any GK version greater than 4.x.

Tried 22, got to clear RAM, EEPROM and restart, the game cleared, but still not in KEYCHIP menu.  This also works for me on any GK version greater than 4.x.

Without the KEYCHIP menu, I can't change any of the settings including choosing other available games.

So, how does one get into the KEYCHIP menu for Game King 3.x? Scratch Head

Help
TheAirBalancer
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2014, 09:18:24 PM »

Thanks all.  Here's the scoop ...

It's a 3902 (not 3802) board on a 17" GK upright.

Tried 17, got purple screen, but upon restart, the game is not in KEYCHIP menu.  This works for me on any GK version greater than 4.x.

Tried 22, got to clear RAM, EEPROM and restart, the game cleared, but still not in KEYCHIP menu.  This also works for me on any GK version greater than 4.x.

Without the KEYCHIP menu, I can't change any of the settings including choosing other available games.

So, how does one get into the KEYCHIP menu for Game King 3.x? Scratch Head

Help

That's weird on the key 17 because for me I get the purple screen and then when putting the Base chip back in it goes to the key menu right away. I have the 31 games 3.0. I just did it within the last couple of weeks when installing a Bettor TITO.

az_flag
bondoexpress
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 18

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2014, 09:44:23 PM »

If you look on ebay  under igt vision jjslots has key 00002
4 Deuces
Resigned NLG Member

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2014, 10:14:39 PM »

Hmmm ... I'm using ...

Base: M0000129
Game: G0000082
PXL: C0000122
CGF: C0000122

... and it has the following games on it ...

369 Way Keno
Black Rhino
Bonus Poker
Bonus Poker Deluxe
Dbl Dbl Bonus Poker
Deuces Wild
Double Bonus Poker
Double Bonus Reels
Jacks or Better
Nevada Bonus Poker
Red, White & Blue
Spot Keno
Super 7's
Super 8 Line
Triple Diamond
Triple Diamond Keno
Wild Ball Keno

Unfortunately, the slot games are not enabled by default and that's what I'm trying to get to.  I know they're very PE+ish, but I think it's a cool game set (if I can just get it configured).

I know there is a 4.x version with 31 games.  Is it possible yours is a 4.x?  Some popular BASE versions for 4.x with 31 games are:  M0000526, M0000811, and M0000888.  I think any BASE number lower than M0000526 is a 3.x version?

P.S. Thanks for the info on Ebay!

TheAirBalancer
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2014, 10:38:14 PM »

I'm pretty sure (95%?) that I have a 3.0, FYI I'm also pretty noobie and your games appear slightly different than mine. Mostly I'm curious as to your overall experiences and trying to keychip your machine.
Also, all my chips in this machine are "generically" labeled so I don't know the numbers. That said, this is what I have as far as games;

POKER (& one BLACKJACK)
Jacks or Better Poker
Bonus Poker
Bonus Poker Deluxe
Double Bonus Poker
Double Double Bonus Poker
Triple Bonus Poker Plus
Joker Poker
Deuces Wild Poker
Deuces Wild Bonus Poker
Double Deuces Poker
Loose Deuce Poker
Aces Bonus Poker
Shock Wave Poker
Blackjack

SLOT GAMES
Black Rhino
Diamond Mine
Double Bucks
Lion Fish
On the PRowl
Super 8 Line
Super 8 Race
Wild Flower

KENO
Super Keno
Keno
Super Way Keno
4-Card Keno
Caveman Keno
Triple Diamond Keno
Top-Bottom Keno
3-6-9 Way Keno
2-4-6 Way Keno

az_flag
4 Deuces
Resigned NLG Member

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2014, 10:43:16 PM »

Yeah, that's a 4.x and IMHO, that's the best version of 4.x to own.  Great variety of slots, keno and poker, plus it includes BJ.  I also like the 59 game version that has more poker than anything else.  The tabular 6.x games are the best of course (again imo), but requires an upgrade from 3902 to either 044 or AVP.  I'm not an expert either, so don't take all this 100%. 

Thanks for your help!  :Dave
TheAirBalancer
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2014, 11:01:34 PM »

At first I thought I had a 4.0, but then changed my mind to 3.0  rotflmao  Scratch Head
Whatever I have I agree it is a really great mix.

az_flag
lizzo54
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 27

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2014, 12:59:07 AM »

Have you tried a key14? 
I have an older set that has the base chip m0000176 that originally came with a 3802 board I had picked up.  It's been a few years since I ran the set so I don't recall exactly what games but I am almost certain the older ones do not have caveman keno, that I do recall. 

I just pulled the chip tube from the shelf and I had wrote on the tube needs key14.   I should still have it but will ahve to check later on, let me know if your interested in it.

Lenny
4 Deuces
Resigned NLG Member

« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2014, 01:13:49 AM »

pm sent
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2014, 04:54:45 AM »

On my Game King, I have virtually the same software set (although I don't have the On The Prowl slot game, although the sound chips have the sounds for it).  I believe I used a 22 to clear and key it -- I remember it had an on-screen menu.  I do remember that if I selected to keychip it wouldn't do it (the game would just boot normally), but if I did a full clear AND key in the same transaction (ie. on the on-screen menu I had to select everything -- two clears and key, if memory serves), then it worked.  The downside was that I couldn't keychip without clearing, but the upside was that it worked.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
4 Deuces
Resigned NLG Member

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2014, 12:34:12 PM »

Follow-up ... Key 5, 14, 17 and 40 still won't key the machine.  They all affect the EEPROM because after using them, I get the EEPROM error, which requires a turn of the Jackpot Reset key.  So, the keys are trying to do something, but won't key the machine.

So, still trying for Key 2.

Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2014, 01:28:27 PM »

Dave When you get the EEPROM error do you go ahead and turn the key ??

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
4 Deuces
Resigned NLG Member

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2014, 02:09:26 PM »

Yeah.  I can get it to clear ram too with key 40, just can't get into the key menu.  Upon clear, you do have to turn key for ram clear, press/hold button, then turn the key again for eeprom.  However, when the machine boots up, it comes up with default settings and works out-of-box.  You just can't choose other games without a key.  I even tried holding the white button while booting up for kicks.

Odd game set.  I might try a PE+ clear (SET038 I think) for the heck of it even though the chip is smaller.  I don't know why I'm so set on getting this old game working.  It has Double Diamond slots along with poker, keno and blackjack.

blueridgeslots
703 730-0821
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1262

703 730-0821

« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2014, 09:39:28 PM »

This is the one time that "I always use" and "KeyXX always works for me" WONT HELP YOU

This is the correct Key you need... It is called a Privileged Options Switch and what was used in the early days to get into game options

I have posted this info more than once but it is probably buried deep under the piles of KeyXX will work threads

This switch was on the 380x boards in the early days (like 1997) they were in J-3 I think on the 3800 series boards and I don't have one in front of me but U-9 in the 3900 I believe, plugs right in, now I would venture to say you could hook 2 wires up to the plug on the board and run out the lock hole and touch them together but I don't recommend half assed repairs so I will say here is the correct one below

Anybody need proof this is correct Key please put up as much money as you want to loose and call bet

Here is detailed instructions off a PSR that used a Privileged Options Switch

OPERATOR-SELECTABLE OPTIONS
To access the Attendant Menu, turn the reset key.  To access the Operator Menu, open the door and press the test switch.
Some options in the Operator Menu are unavailable while a game is in progress, while credits are accumulated, or while the machine is in a hand-pay lockup condition.  Some options can only be accessed from the Privileged Options Menu, which requires the security (privilege) key.  To display the Privileged Options Menu, perform the following steps:  Open the machine door.  Make sure the security key switch located on the front of the processor tray is in the off (vertical) position.  Press the test switch.  Insert the security key into the key switch and turn it clockwise 1/4 turn.  Touch the Setup icon, then the Privileged Options icon.  The security key must be left in the on position while accessing the Privileged Options Menu; the game will exit the menu if the key is turned to the off position.

* Privliged KeySwitch 003.jpg (238 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 212 times.)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 09:49:48 PM by blueridgeslots » Logged

Selling Quality Tested and Guaranteed Slot Parts and Machines at Wholesale

http://stores.ebay.com/BLUE-RIDGE-SLOT-SERVICE
4 Deuces
Resigned NLG Member

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2014, 10:31:55 PM »

HAIL TO JIM!

Hail Hail Hail Hail Hail

HE IS RIGHT!

Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap

Not being afraid to fry a machine, I went ahead and did the wire trick, followed the instructions in the PSR, and I got access to the Privileged Options.

What's funny is ... I still can't choose which games to appear. Duh! Duh! Duh!

My options don't include that.  Only includes things like denom, tournament, and some others that surprised me were considered "privileged".  Anyway, will keep trying!

THANK YOU JIM!
blueridgeslots
703 730-0821
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1262

703 730-0821

« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2014, 12:40:53 AM »

Make sure No Credits on game, push test button on cpu... then connect wires, set up then privileged options icon, then make sure you disable a game before trying to enable another

Selling Quality Tested and Guaranteed Slot Parts and Machines at Wholesale

http://stores.ebay.com/BLUE-RIDGE-SLOT-SERVICE
4 Deuces
Resigned NLG Member

« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2014, 01:17:38 PM »

I think I figured it out.  The "Triple Double Diamond" slot game is only available for tournament game.  When I choose to setup tournament (via the privilege menu), my choices include the other games that aren't part of regular play.  So, it must be the game set, Base or something, that doesn't allow that particular slot to be played as part of the regular slot, only tournament.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.