Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 06:25:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  What would cause a S+ Triple Diamond to stop taking 20's all of a sudden?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What would cause a S+ Triple Diamond to stop taking 20's all of a sudden?  (Read 3309 times)
Mdpokersupply
« on: July 28, 2009, 08:14:44 PM »

Hi all,
 I was working with a Triple Diamond and it had originally had a code 61 error that wouldn't clear. So, I used a ram clear chip and removed the code and proceeded to use a set chip to set the validator back on. Could something in the process have messed up the programmingr?? If you take the validator out of that machine (DBV-145) and put it in another machine it will take $20's, but put it back in the triple diamond and it will only take $1's. I'm a total newbie to these machines, but I didn't think there was anything in the programming of the mainboard that would cause this....or was I wrong? The customer said that it worked before I had to use the clear chip on it. Other then that issue the machine works great.   Help
Steve
MarkInAz
Jack of all, master on none.
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 22

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2009, 09:18:23 PM »

Hi Steve,

Here's my two cents-

My first thought is you've reached the max credit limit.  But there are probably no credits on the machine after you performed the ram clear.  My next though is to check the DBV DIP switches and see if one got flipped accidentally to reject 20s.  But I doubt that's the prob since you say it works in another machines. Kind of puzzling.

Good luck.

Its Always Something...
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2009, 09:48:03 PM »

Does it take anything other than $1s, and is the customer using a nice old $20, or are they trying to use the newest $20's out there?  I think the 145 can be upgraded to accept the new style $20s, but who knows if that one actually has been upgraded or not.  Try old style $10's, $5s, and $20's to see if they work.

...although I am stumped that the same validator works in a different machine.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 09:53:42 PM by knagl » Logged

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2009, 10:13:55 PM »

You might also check the ID protocol as per your post/question in your other thread. A dbv accepting only $1 bills is a symptom of having the dbv set to the wrong protocol. Since there are only two protocols, the simplest thing to do is to change the DIP switch and see if it starts accepting larger bills. As knagl stated, have your customer use older bills to be sure that the bill isn't the problem. If switching the protocol doesn't solve the problem, put the switch back to the original position to minimize variables in your troubleshooting efforts.

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
dpalmi
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 291

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2009, 11:21:25 PM »

...the simplest thing to do is to change the DIP switch and see if it starts accepting larger bills.

Hello all!

I don't think you can switch the protocol on a DBV-145 with a DIP switch...I think it has to be a DBV-200 to be able do to that.  Does anyone else remember this??

Dan #2

A great man once said, "I was told last time I would get a piece of cake."

paul
paul
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 20

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2009, 11:53:24 PM »

I have had this happen I went back in and restarted validator and all returned to normal
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2009, 12:35:16 AM »

I agree with Paul as well...if not, try your SET chip again to re-enable the DBV...
you might have some luck there.
Also, I agree with the others in trying different older bills...
We don't really know if you were trying older or newer bills.
Most DBV 145's only take the older ones I believe...I may be wrong on this. Scratch Head 2
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2009, 12:39:16 AM »

...the simplest thing to do is to change the DIP switch and see if it starts accepting larger bills.

Hello all!

I don't think you can switch the protocol on a DBV-145 with a DIP switch...I think it has to be a DBV-200 to be able do to that.  Does anyone else remember this??

Dan #2

I think you're right. It's been a long time since I've used a 145. 

BTW, does anyone know why the older PSRs don't have ID info? Were they all the same ID?

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
knagl

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2009, 10:04:51 PM »

This exact same thread from the same author is also going on over here in the Progressive section.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
rickhunter
SMAA Founder and Chairman

Total Karma Storms: 226

I Void Warranties

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2009, 11:56:59 PM »

I think you're right. It's been a long time since I've used a 145. 

BTW, does anyone know why the older PSRs don't have ID info? Were they all the same ID?

I suspect back then there was only 1 IDO, so why infer any difference?  I think the new ones refer to the IDO23 just because it was different than the previous one.

A slot collector is like a coin hopper in a machine that never pays out.  they just keep on accumulating assets.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.