Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 02:28:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Reel Games. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  Bally 2270 question
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bally 2270 question  (Read 10341 times)
toria
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2012, 10:23:16 PM »

Gary,

Thanks for all your advice.

My son cleaned the reel reader boards with alcohol and also used a pressurized air can to clean the coin acceptor. 

Now, the coins no longer jam (hooray!)

But...it doesn't register that the coins were accepted most of the time.  We try many times and it will rarely register the coin.

On the one occasion where we got it to accept the coin, reels 1 and 2 locked into place as they should, but reel 3 continued to spin and we got a TILT with error code 73.

The book says error code 73 means "reel spinning after indexing" but I don't know what that means.

So, we still have 2 issues:

1.  Coin acceptor doesn't register the coins -- they just fall through.

2.  Third reel still spins without locking in place and TILTs.  We had you repair the reel reader card for reel 3 and we cleaned it as you suggested.  Any ideas of what else we should do?

Victoria

P.S.  Glad the advice helped others, too.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 10:30:07 PM by toria » Logged
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 308

« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2012, 10:56:25 PM »

Ok lets try this, lets try swapping out reel readers 2 & 3 to see if the problem moves to the second position.. If it's the reel reader then your second reel won't stop and you will get a code 42. If it remains the same then we have something else wrong.. If there is still a problem with the reel reader you sent me, I'll take care of it at my cost.. There is one other thing to try with the reader, you could run test 5 using your hopper boards test button. Push the test button 5 time or until you see a 5 in your win meter. make sure that all 3 reel readers are lighting up.. If not try moving 2 & 3 readers.. As for your coin problem check the black switch under the coin acceptor. It has a wire lever that the coin trips to register the coins. It could be bent down too far not allowing the coin to register.. Also check the wiring to your switch.. 

Gary

If it's jammed, force it... If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway...
toria
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2012, 06:28:52 PM »

I'm still waiting for my son to come over again.  Will let you know when he tries your suggestions.

Best,

Victoria
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2012, 06:17:17 PM »

I'm attaching a screenshot of what I see on this forum -- no thumbs anywhere.

Am I too new to the forum to have that feature?

Hi toria wave . I want to wish you a slightly belated NLG Welcome. Yes, you are correct. Members must have 25 or 50 posts (I've forgotten where we set it) to be able to give karma.

I gave Amachanic a karma on your behalf and gave you another one as well.

StatFreak garfield
nlg  Global Moderator

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
toria
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2012, 02:59:03 AM »

Thank you, StatFreak!
toria
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2012, 03:08:54 AM »

Gary,

My son switched reel reader cards 2 and 3.

The coin acceptor issue seems to have resolved itself (for now).  Justin used compressed air to blow it out.

The third wheel still won't lock in place.  With the machine open, it still spins freely.  The other two reels lock in place.

With the door closed, after we put the coins in, the handle will no longer pull, so we cannot tell what would happen then.

Justin used the reset buttons and made sure the reel assembly was seated, but the handle still won't pull.

Any ideas?

Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2012, 12:24:56 AM »

Hi Victoria...

When a coin is inserted in the machine with the door closed, does the machines light change or light up, coin 1, coin two, coin three? With the door closed what is showing in the win meter? It should be 50000. If you have the machine in a test mod, like 3,4,or 5, does the closing the front door stop the test? Once you close the front door will stop any testing.. I'm not 100% what might be causing your third reel problem.. I would start by looking at the wiring on the reels assembly.. I would also check the 2 plugs in the back right side of reels... Look for a loose wire or a loose or dirty pin connectors..

Gary

toria
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2012, 01:33:56 AM »

Yes, the lights come on for coin one, two, three when coins are inserted, but the handle won't pull.

And with the door closed, the win meter says 50000.

I don't know how to put the machine into a test mod.

I will ask my son to look at the wiring as you suggested, and will let you know.

Thanks,

Victoria
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2012, 03:00:07 AM »

Does your son have a voltage meter? I would like to have him check the 5 volt, 7.5 v, and 10v reading coming off the test points on the small power supply circuit board mounted on the back wall behind the hopper. Have your son look at the manual under section 2 or 3 on how to use the hopper control board to run a machines test of all the switches and solenoids. In that test you will see the handles solenoid cycle.

Gary

toria
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2012, 06:52:29 PM »

Update:  I am still waiting for my son and his friend to come over and perform those tests you recommended.  Will let you know aftere they come and do the tests.

Thanks for your great advice.

Victoria

Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2012, 10:05:36 PM »

Hi Victoria. Keep us posted when you can. It look like its not a reel reader problem since swapping 2 & 3 didn't change how the machine operated. Like I said earlier, sound like I would be checking the reels assembly's wiring and look closely at the two plastic plugs on the back right corner of the reels assembly. Could be as simple as one of the pin connectors are not making good connection.

Gary

toria
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2012, 01:05:19 AM »

I'm still waiting for someone to come and test my boards.  My son cleaned the reel reader optics.

Will let you know when I make progress.  

Thanks for your generous help, Gary.

Victoria
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.