IGT Fortune 1 Error

(1/2) > >>

RJ:
I Recently picked up a fortune 1 and this is all it will do. I removed the dead battery checked the fuses. Reseated all of the IC chips on the main board. Cleaned the edge connectoer. Reseated all of the connectors on the game. Tried the reset. Not sure were to go from here. It was working one day and the next day the original owner turned it on and this is what it is dispalying.

Any sugestions or were I can have the board repaired.

Thanks

RJ

Joeylc:
look at the caps on the main game board.....    The For-1 makes it's 5v vcc on the main cpu I bet the caps are all dried out and your not getting  5vdc.......

RJ:
Thanks or the Help.
 I went threw the Caps on the main board and found that the two 10mfd's and the 33mfd on the output of the +5 -5 and 12vdc lines were Dead. No reading on the ESR meter. The 1000mfd and the 6800mfd on the input side of the regulators show good on the ESR. Will try and plug the board in later on today and post my results.

I am thinking about upping the capacitance from 1000mfd's to 2200mfd to smooth out the ripple  some more that is hitting the regulator chips from the full bridge rectifier circuit. This should lower the heat and make for a smoother +5 and -5 that is feeding the Chips.

RJ

RJ:
OK,
           The 3 caps  on the output for the 12vdc +5vdc and the -5vdc were definetly bad. They were replaced.

I ran 4 clip leads into the board and I am reading +5 , 12 and -5 off of the power supplies.

The same display still showes up.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

RJ

midas touch:
I know its been awhile since this was posted...But you said you used 4 clip leads on the board....Can you explain how you did this and what voltages you were using, Have any luck with the board?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page