Two Fortune 1 machine found at a swap meet..

(1/2) > >>

Amachanic:
 I just wanted to share my latest projects.. My friend called me last Friday.. He said that there were 2 IGT Fortune 1 machines for sale at the swap meet. Sent me a pic and asked if I might be interested.. The pics shows a price of $25 each, but I offered $40 total... Surprise they accepted the offer.   :72-   After tinkering with them over the past few days, I was able to get one working tonight.  :136-  I want to send a big thanks to a couple of NLG members,  erbs  :259-  for the lead on the machines, and midas touch  :259- for answering a few of my questions on the Fortune 1 machines.. Hopefully the second ones something simple too..

Gary

erbs:
I knew that you could get em working.  :3- :3- :3- :92-

tkrozleski:
Good score Gary!

RiseLikeRa:
Congratulations!  What was wrong?  How did you fix it?  Do tell all!

Ra

Amachanic:
Quote from: RiseLikeRa on January 15, 2014, 12:10:20 PM

Congratulations!  What was wrong?  How did you fix it?  Do tell all!

Ra

I guess it was common sense mostly. I started buy going thru the deck buttons. I cleaned the sticky ones, then check to see if the switches worked with a meter. Then I checked to see if I had good connection between the switch to the molex plug.  Once that was done I cleaned the connections on the I/O board with contact cleaner. I already knew my video part worked because I had a nice picture, just nothing else.. Once it was back together I noticed my LED light on the I/O would flash when the deck buttons were pushed, so I reset the machine and it was working!! Now I'm going to use it to test the parts from the second machine one piece at a time. So far I've found that machine 2 has a problem with its I/O board. The hopper fails to pay, just get a time out error. It does count the payout if you click the payout roller. Hopefully by days end I will have tested the deck buttons and MPU.

Gary

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page