Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 04:24:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  Aristocrat Video Gaming Machines
| | |-+  ARISTOCRAT WILD ONE Mk 2.5?!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: ARISTOCRAT WILD ONE Mk 2.5?!  (Read 2797 times)
patfish_nz
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: February 19, 2013, 04:35:31 AM »

Righhttto I'm new to this slot machine game, but after a few months of tinkering around and reading the info available (mainly on here) I have managed to get my Wild One video poker machine running smoothly. However the only thing(s) not working now is the light tower and the pushbutton lamps. When I first purchased the machine the light tower was flashing which from my limited knowledge would be correct in that the screen was reading 'metering error', after following online instructions and resetting the machine once keys were replaced with switches the machine now runs perfectly however the light tower is not doing anything?! I am not sure about the pushbutton lamps as they have never worked. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas as to whats going on? The buttons work fine but there is no lights. I will upload pictures if that is helpful, there is an empty loom socket in the board that the buttons return to, and also an empty loom socket at the back of the machine which reads 'top animation', not sure if that info is helpful but I am not sure if someone before me has tinkered with it. Was so stoked to get it all going and spitting coins out, stupid lights ! Someone help !
palindrome

Total Karma Storms: 2

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2013, 04:54:34 PM »

It won't flash under normal operation.

Try flagging the attendant/service button or open the main door while the machine is on, that should trigger the LT.

Sounds like you need to replace the PB globes, they do fail eventually.
patfish_nz

Total Karma Storms: 0

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 03:57:12 AM »

Tried call attendant, still nothing in the LT. Also pulled one of the PB Bulbs out and tested it, lights up. Is there a loom or something in particular that controls these two functions do you know? Bloody frustrating, Cheers for your ideas though !
palindrome

Total Karma Storms: 2

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2013, 11:04:14 AM »

Please upload pics.

Check all the globes in the LT as well, there are four.

The signals that flash the buttons and light tower come from the outputs of one of the two identical AY-8910s sound chips on the logic board, under the video board. Port A flashes 8 x pb  lamps, and Port B flashes 4 x pb lamps + 4 x bulbs in the light tower.   The other AY just generates sound and provides an input for on of the dip switches.

The pb lamps need to get a signal from somewhere, so if you're missing a loom that is meant to handle those signals and return to the buttons then they won't flash at all.

« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 11:52:54 AM by palindrome » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.