Concealed Carry Thread

(1/2) > >>

channelmaniac:
What do you carry and how do you carry it?

Just got mine 2 weeks ago... my choice for carry is a Ruger SR40c, nice and compact, but a heck of a punch if ever needed. I have a custom made IWB holster but even though it has leather between skin and the weapon, it's still not very comfortable.

Ron (r273):
I carry a S&W 380 Bodyguard with hollow point in a pocket holster. Some use this
for a back-up but I like the 7 shot (6 in the clip and one in the camber). Also it is a
double action and built in lazer. The trigger has a very long travel and is a bit heavy –
I found myself having to stage the trigger to shoot it accurately. Potential buyer’s
should be sure to dry fire this gun before purchasing as the trigger won’t be for everyone.

I am leaning to shoot 3 rounds at a time.

Ron (r273)

dale:
I carry for personal protection a 45/.410 Taurus Defender with a 45 Colt 225gr LEVERevolution bullet and .410ga 000 4 pellet Buckshot shell every other chamber. A shaved hammer to lessen getting caught in clothing.

Bad ass and legal in my state.

PLUNGER BOY:
 The trick to having a concealed permit and carrying a gun is to actually carrying the gun . If the gun is to large or heavy it won't be carried very long  .  A non carried gun it home is  useless if it is sitting at home . MY OPINION is a small gun is plenty . Mine is a    Taurus PT 738    380 ACP   . It is   Small / Light / Cheap . I don't  care if it gets scratched or has holster ware  . It is not designed to stop grizzly bears  / vampires or Aliens  .   (NOTE)  IT WILL STOP ILLEGAL ALIENS . The reason to Carry is for SELF Protection not to start a war or fire fight . This gun gives me 6 chances plus one in the chamber to get out of the situation . I know the naysayers will say it does not have the stopping power of larger caliber pistols . This is true BUT like i said before it will get the job done as it is carried and it is on me NOT in the drawer at home or in the glove box . A well placed shot  will be more effective than larger caliber MISSED SHOT  . I enjoy shooting as i have a range in my house  ( see below ) . I am a proficient shooter and has all ( MOST ) the caliber pistols . I like 9mm but shoot mostly 22s as it is cheap and just as fun . Be carefull out there Guys and Gals   P.B.   

channelmaniac:
I'm still getting used to carrying, but my holster is a kydex form attached to leather and is an extremely tight fit to the pistol. I may try to heat it and loosen it up a bit... or sand it a bit on the inside.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page