Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 08:38:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  General NLG Chat
| |-+  The Slot Shop **Tech Talk**
| | |-+  2 Slots, 2 different problems..
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2 Slots, 2 different problems..  (Read 7118 times)
steve841
« on: September 28, 2008, 07:58:29 PM »

Slot1 is a Williams / Stampede ..   Worked for a few days ... then when I tried powering up...  the screen showed the boot prom1 then prom2 ... went to a "williams  ver 5.13" then seems to stop. All lights remain on and nothing else. I swapped the lithium battery on the board with no success ... dont know where to go from here.

Slot2 is an IGT S+ / Triple Diamond.    My son toggled the reset and and pressed the buttons on the machine and now the slot handle seems to be locked out.  Looked thru the manuals I found online but cannot seem to find anything about a handle lockout and how to undo what he did. 

Just a couple of machines I have for fun and now there ain't much fun happening.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 06:52:00 PM by steve841 » Logged
paul
paul
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 20

« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2008, 11:19:42 PM »

On the IGT what does it say in the credit and coinn windows
a69mopar
647-402-1977
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 600

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2008, 07:59:55 AM »

Are you saying that the IGT machine works, but only the handle wont? 

W

www.GTASLOTS.com      647-402-1977              BALLY S6000 GALLERY
steve841
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2008, 06:48:46 PM »

The IGT machine works fine .... just the handle doesn't pull.

No error codes are shown at all.

I can confirm that the handle will move in programming mode .....
paul
paul

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2008, 07:17:56 PM »

have you checked the wires to the handle solinoid on handle mech it also could be the solinoid
steve841
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2008, 07:21:37 PM »

Well I haven't check the solenoid because the handle will move during programming mode.

I'm 99% sure my boy pressed a button that locked it out for game play. I just need to undo it.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2008, 12:54:41 PM »

No matter what button your son touched, the handle cannot be locked out- there's no options to do that.
In other words, the handle cannot be disabled.
Now having said that, there may be something else that he touched.
There has to be a loose wire somewhere up near the handles' solenoid.
Knowing that your handle works during programming mode, then the problem lies right up there in the wiring near the solenoid because the programming switch's wires are running along right next to the solenoid's wires.
See what I mean? There's something grounding out or a loose wire whenever you leave the programming mode or when the door is shut.
If it's anything else (besides a PCB board) I'd be very surprised.
Lastly, it's very possible that the PCB board has a default in it- meaning that something could be shot.
That would mean obtaining a spare board somewhere and swapping out chips.
Please keep us updated with details - your IGT should be working fully soon.
steve841
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2008, 08:18:26 PM »

IGT Slot seems to be happy now ...

I jiggled the wires around the solenoid and we got life.

So, who says a hammer and steel toed boot cant fix anything???!?!?!?!?!

Thanks guys ...

And the Williams seems to be a power supply at this point.
a69mopar
647-402-1977

Total Karma Storms: 600

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2008, 09:15:28 PM »

Thanks for letting us know, Sounds great,  If it happens again, you should try to find the root cause (short or break).

Enjoy,
Wayne

www.GTASLOTS.com      647-402-1977              BALLY S6000 GALLERY
knagl

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2008, 06:17:15 PM »

Slot1 is a Williams / Stampede ..   Worked for a few days ... then when I tried powering up...  the screen showed the boot prom1 then prom2 ... went to a "williams  ver 5.13" then seems to stop. All lights remain on and nothing else. I swapped the lithium battery on the board with no success ... dont know where to go from here.

Steve-

Look at the LED's on one of the boards in the card cage on your WMS Dotmation game.  Do any of them light up?  Do any of them not light up?  They should all be lit up except the far left "Fail" light.

If the lower power supply is to blame, you may want to look in the "WMS Reel" section of this message board for information on replacing the power supply.  If you're somewhat tech savvy, you could do it yourself and save some $$.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
steve841
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2008, 10:26:03 PM »

Thanks a lot!  ...

Yeah ... only 2 led's on the board light up...  so I ordered a power supply and I will give it a go...

Are there any companies that refurb power supplies????

And ... is there any way to diagnose whether its the upper or the lower power supply as the culprit?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 10:45:10 PM by steve841 » Logged
paul
paul

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2008, 11:17:50 PM »

your upper power supply takes care of dotmation if you have only two leds on i/o board it is bottom power supply is the problem
this supplys power to the game only I dont know if the slot doctor still rebuilds them or not.
knagl

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2008, 07:37:05 PM »

Yep, if only 2 LEDs are lighting on the board, it's very likely the lower PS (as was posted, the upper power supply is inside the Dotmation box and provides its power -- if the Dotmation display is working, that PS is working).

I've read bad things about the refurbed power supplies (like that they don't last long).  Did you check out the threads in the WMS Reel forum?  Clay (cfh) posted a way to replace the lower PS (or both) with a cheap computer power supply.  Cheaper and more reliable than the original WMS power supplies.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.