POWER THAT TOPPER!!! S2000, Vision, and I-game

(1/3) > >>

Bettor Slots:
 :131- Special thanks to Jim at Blue Ridge Slots for his expertise and supplying the necessary parts to make this happen so easily.

We all know what a great investment a topper can be for your machine as it really adds to it's beauty and value.  In the past year, I have seen more an more of these standard IGT Oval toppers available on EBay in the $50 range so how can you pass up on the idea?  Problem is often times the top box of your machine has not been prepared yet for the use of topper and there is no good way to use the existing machine's power supply. 

I realize there are some make shift ways out there where can power your topper via a separate AC plug / transformer, but there are always some resulting hassles.  For example, when you want to power your machine down for awhile you always have to unplug the topper separately which for me is behind the machine on the wall and a tuff reach.  And are you really supplying to proper voltage to the topper so that you do not damage it or burn out the lights faster than they are suppose to? So if you can power it from the existing power supply...seems all the better to me.

I thought if might be helpful if I posted a couple of pictures from the simple installation for someones future use.  With the parts that Blue Ridge supplied, the total install time was under 5 minutes.

The first picture below is inside the top box of my Vision S2000 in it's existing condition prior to modification looking at the back right hand side.  I believe it would look pretty similar for most Visions, S2000's, and I noticed it was similar for my I-games machine.  Note the 10 port molex  coming out of the power supply in the middle bottom picture that results in the big clump of unused wires (orange red, black, and brown).  The only thing used from that mess is the red and black power supply wires to the controller board in the top middle of the picture.  Maybe someone else here on NLG can tell us what that controller board is actually doing for the machine.  Anyway, the other wires are unused.

I should mention at this point so that you are not confused by the pictures that I had to loosen and rotate the existing control board 90 degress counter-clockwise as the new wire harness was short by only an inch or two.

The second picture shows the resulting modification.  The existing 10 port molex was unplugged from the power supply in the bottom right, the 4 port molex with the red back wire is unplugged fromthe existing controller board.  Take that mess of wires and put in on EBay.  Next, install the new power distribution board supplied by Blue Ridge onto the existing stems at the center back of the top box.  Next you will see the new "split" wire harness supplied by Blue Ridge installed.  A 10 port molex plugs into the existing power supply shown in the bottom right of the picture.  Then install the 4 port, black and red 2-wire molex back into the existing control board powering it.  Then take the other split connector, 4 port molex, with red, orange, red/black, and orange/ black wires and plug it into your new power distribution board.  Finally, in the picture you see the 4 wires coming down from your topper which is a 2 x 2 - 4 port molex typically and it plugs right into your new power distribution board.  Tie back your loose wires with some zip strips and your done!!!

Bettor Slots:
And here is a picture of the results....and no cracks about it being the wrong game insert...  :25- I know, I know....next project.

dpalmi:
Hello all!

Nice job!  That's one of the next projects/purchases on my list - is to get some toppers.  Would really like to get one with the built in progressive unit - but those are still a little pricey for me when the show up on eBay.  I think Foster got the last one ;)

FYI - the board in the pic you asked about is a sound amplifier for the 2 top speakers and the sub in the coin tray.

Dan #2

Railroad94:
nice job.. :3-    If you ever add a player tracking unit like a Mastercom 250 (you can program your own message into it) or just need 110v. The other two plugs in the bottom right corner are 110v ....  one is switched and the other un-switched.

therockinelvis:
I have the same power dist. and also the one he got from Blueridge. I am guessing that the power comes from that bundle of wires cut and the molex changed. Can the 4 pin square molex be plugged into J2 and then plug topper into J3? Or does that 4pin square molex have to be changed to a 4 pin straight molex?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page