IGT S+ reels won't stop spinning

<< < (2/2)

stayouttadabunker:
Yes ,
It does make sense...
Is your machine have the type of belly glass door that opens?
There would be a knob on the right hand side that you'd pull on to release the belly door...
With the belly door open,
look closely at the coin comparitor area under the "coin-intake"..or under the panel of buttons.
See what is going there when you play a game and note the exact moment when the "Grinding" sound begins...
It may be coming from a small magnet that tries to attract a "rake" behind the coin mech.
Really, what's happening is that the rake may be slightly bent too much outwards where
the magnet is having a hard time trying the attract the "rake"...thereby making a little "grinding" sound.
Verify if indeed this is happening and report back to us for a fix...!
I have some other theories for the 'grinding" sound and one of which might be that
the solenoid coil magnet that pulls on the divertor plunger is becoming weak or has some obstruction blocking it from "Flapping".
That would also make a funny little sound..but really the divertor acts as a "reel stop" sound.
If the divertor coil is shot, it's having a hard time trying to "flap" the gate to make the reel stop sound effect.

Here's a link to a short clip I made showing this "reel-stop-sound-effect" on a S+'s divertor gate>>

http://www.youtube.com/v/JCia3ugG2_w&rel=0

slackly:
Well, I finally had the time to play with fixing this again.

The initial problem was that every time the wheels stopped spinning, I would hear a grinding sound from the door, near the coin comparator.

I replaced the coin comparator with a new, but used one I had purchased.
That solved the grinding sound.

All is now working fine, and I am once again sailing the Seven Sean on my IGT S+ machine.

Thanks so much everyone for your help with this!

Dave

StatFreak:
Glad to hear that your machine is up and running.  :3- :3- Thanks for posting back to let everyone know. :89-

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page