Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 12:18:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  Atronic
| | |-+  eMotion Mystery Magic Standalone Progressive Setup
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: eMotion Mystery Magic Standalone Progressive Setup  (Read 7138 times)
Worldwide Gaming
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: -11

« on: January 13, 2012, 03:21:22 PM »

I guess first off I'm wondering if I can use the same A-Link config software on the eMotion that I do with the CashLine's...

After that, the question is:  Has anyone successfully set up an eMotion as a standalone progressive machine?  The manual is typically devoid of any useful information.  At the moment I have the Comm Board configured as follows (yes, I have performed both a comm board clear and a main board ram clear):

• APL - Switch 1 & 2 are both set to 0 (manual says "System progressive mode and non-progressive mode does not need a progressive system address set.")
  • Accounting system - Switch 7 is set to 1 (manual: "This address has to be set if communication to an accounting system is necessary or if a jackpot controller uses the accounting system address (e.g. System Progressive).... Just set the address to 01 to activate the channel").
  • Switch Block S5: S5-1 ON, S5-2 OFF, S5-3 OFF (Accounting Progressive setting) & S5-4 OFF (Slave in APL) & S5-6 ON (Enable accounting system).  Both S5-7 and S5-8 are off.
  • Switch Block S8 - All off
  • Upper Progressive Sign and Respin button LED sign are both connected to P7 (parallel adapter for external jackpot display).
  • Jumper B1 is closed

Machine presents the following errors:

Hopper Failure Check Connectors (this goes away after I disable the hopper)
Hardware error 01-011 (This is the missing coin comp board - it does not always go away after turning off the coin comp)
Call Attendant System Down (I believe this is in relation to the accounting system)

So far, no luck connecting with ALink config - however, the screen says to use 'PC Program Version 8 for Programming'

Photos attached

Thanks in advance for any insights!!
-Karsten

* photo 1.JPG (1514.13 KB, 2592x1936 - viewed 723 times.)

* photo 2.JPG (1862.77 KB, 2592x1936 - viewed 658 times.)

idesign
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 509

If it aint broke why mess with it?????

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2012, 06:32:32 PM »

What version of ALINK are you using.  You have the Dongle plugged into the USB port of your PC?
marco33
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 1

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2012, 01:11:55 PM »

Hello,

The Alink config version for mystery is different. You need Version A-Link 2.66

You can set up an eMotion as a standalone progressive machine.
If the machine is set up on master of progressive, it is not necessary to connect other machines.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 01:17:56 PM by marco33 » Logged
Worldwide Gaming

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2012, 03:42:29 PM »

Would anyone happen to have the current version of A-Link available?

The Alink config version for mystery is different. You need Version A-Link 2.66

marco33

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2012, 06:51:33 AM »

Hi,

http://www.2shared.com/file/POpIEDqx/alink_setup_v266.html

Worldwide Gaming

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2012, 07:54:24 PM »

Thanks!!! Good Karma to you!

I won't have a chance to get back to this machine for a few days - in the meantime, can anyone confirm my progressive settings listed above are valid for this style of setup?

-Karsten

marco33

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2012, 08:41:05 PM »

can you clarify if the machine is connected to an online system?
you want to put standalone progressive?
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2012, 10:10:40 PM »

I'm pretty sure that the machine is not and will not be connected to an online system, and he wants to set it up as a stand-alone progressive.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Worldwide Gaming

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2012, 01:22:54 PM »

They were all part of a system, now I need them as individual progressives.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.