Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 07:32:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  Atronic
| | |-+  Atronic LCD cable shorting out?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Atronic LCD cable shorting out?  (Read 4328 times)
Fourbyracer
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 234

« on: February 21, 2012, 07:51:27 AM »

I have an Atronic Emotion.  Every time I start up the machine, both screens come on and show that the memory tests were passed, then the Atronic logo.  Then my bottom screen always goes blank.  To fix it I have to open the door and unplug, reseat, and wiggle the cable on the video card side until it comes on.  Once it finally stays on, sometimes takes up to a minute of wiggling it for it to stay on, it will stay on for the rest of the game.  Has anyone else run into this and is this just a design flaw of the Emotion?  The cable connections face downward unlike a normal computer where the plug usually goes in horizontally.  The cables also have flimsy clips on them instead of having screws to attach them to the video card more permanently.  Weird though that the monitor is working when you turn it off and then wont boot up again just a few minutes later.  Has anyone come up with a workaround for this if its a design flaw?  Being the LCD is so hard to get to, I would rather not replace the cable.  Any ideas  from your experience would be much appreciated.

* atronics cable connections.jpg (269.43 KB, 440x695 - viewed 361 times.)

What we do in life, echoes in eternity...
idesign
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 509

If it aint broke why mess with it?????

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 10:59:34 AM »

Looks like you are missing the clamp that screws onto the threaded post on the video card that holds the connectors more securely in place.  The photo does not show there is a threaded post but it you remove the outside connector there should be one these between the 2 connectors.  If there is you need to get the clamp.  I can post a photo of it this evening.
Fourbyracer
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 11:04:44 AM »

Yes there is a post there--so I am missing a part.  That makes more sense!  Where the heck do you get one and any idea what its called?

* atronic cable mount.jpg (753.56 KB, 1095x803 - viewed 376 times.)

* atronic cable mount2.jpg (409.29 KB, 750x547 - viewed 380 times.)

idesign
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 11:07:54 AM »

Whoever sold you the machine should have it. 
Fourbyracer
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2012, 11:15:38 AM »

Well it came from Craigslist and the guy warned me it always had been that way--him having to mess with it each startup.  So I would say its always been missing.  I believe Rocky Mountain Slots originally sold it to him so maybe they will have an extra one.  I  believe I have the "Wild Fang" that is pictured on thier site.  Thanks for the help, I think you nailed it--fingers crossed.

If you can post a picture of what it should look like, that would be great!

idesign
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2012, 09:58:09 PM »

Here is a pic.

* P1010039.JPG (360.14 KB, 1600x1200 - viewed 349 times.)
Fourbyracer
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2012, 11:51:10 PM »

Thank you so much for the picture!  I just realized I have seen that piece before.  Seeing your picture made me remember that when I bought it, we had to transport it on its back.  Well a certain funny looking bracket fell out of the machine and I had no idea where it came from.  Now I do!!   Hail   +1 (Karma, or whatever)

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.