Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 10:05:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  Atronic
| | |-+  Initial Setup
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Initial Setup  (Read 3696 times)
mattmcca
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: July 19, 2013, 02:07:42 AM »

I recently acquired 8 used Deal or No Deal Atronic Emotion machines. I am having a little trouble with the initial setup menu. After I ram clear the machines I proceed through the initial setup menus. On seven of my machines I am stopped at "Comms Config Summary". Usually there is a next button but for some reason it only has an "Alink Status" and does not let me continue.

This is the interesting part. Remember I had 1 machine that allowed me to continue and finish my setup. (Which was not the master)

I looked at my machine that worked properly to see if there were any differences on the "Comms Config Summary" page. Under "Jackpot configuration" there is a part that says "Progressive Mode"

On my working machine it says "Progressive Mode - 6000.125"

On my 7 that do not allow me to continue it says "Progressive Mode - 6010.125"

I understand these are the different progressive modes that allow the machine to pay out certain ways. BUT there is no option to change to "Progressive Mode" in the setup.

I was thinking that you may be able to change it when you do the "Jackpot Configuration" on the master machine after the RAM Clear. But I am unable to finish my initial setup on the master in order to finish my "Jackpot Configuration"

Wondering if anyone had any ideas for me. Let me know if you need any more details. Thanks.
kforeman
Today...Slot Tech Tomorrow...Still be a Tech
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 42

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2013, 01:19:54 AM »

i'm not 100% on this but it sounds like you have a version of DOND that requires a wide area connection or at the least an external progressive controller.  this is probably hard-coded in the game software and you're not going to get past it unless you can link into Atronic's WAP system (Not going to happen) or you get an external ALink controller.

i suggest you start looking for some theme conversion kits!!  good luck!  yes

Now You're Techin'!!!
mattmcca
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2013, 01:56:14 AM »

Thank you for the response. I just figured out what the problem is, I guess it would be beneficial to have functional clear chips. I guess the comm board chips that were used were not good but the main board chip was. Although the main board was cleared of all settings, the comm settings were not cleared. This stopped me on the "Intial comm setup" and would not allow me to continue. I figured this out by taking the battery off of the comm board and soldering it back on, which cleared the settings.

If you are clearing the comm board make sure that the red LED light is flashing. I was clearing 8 at a time trying to do it fast and did not even think to make sure the light was flashing.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.