Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 10:13:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Arcade Games, Pinball, Crane Games, Redemption Games and Other Stuff
| |-+  Other Arcade Games
| | |-+  how do you link 2 megatouchs
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: how do you link 2 megatouchs  (Read 5092 times)
marlboro
« on: July 20, 2009, 09:31:30 AM »

I have 2 megatouch Maxx and was wondering what is needed for head-2-head.? i found info on the newer ion etc but not for the maxx.? any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
Randy0777
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 311

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 12:27:24 AM »

I played with this for about 20 mins  yes I have a Ion and a Jade and was going to link them together (with my wireless router). Not sure wich Maxx board you have,but do you have USB ports? How were you planning on linking them... Hardwire,or wireless?
marlboro
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, 10:09:36 AM »

I have megatouch Blue Maxx (original). I have non unicorn motherboard so no onboard nic. from what i found on the web, i need a regualr network card (isa). don't know about DOS drivers needed tho. what kind of nic it is.

I do have 2 usb ports on the motherboards. I will be upgrading soon to sapphire so it will be linux. hopefully they load generic usb network card drivers??? then plug and play?

don't you have to run the same version of software for mega-link?
Randy0777
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 311

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2009, 04:34:49 PM »

When Linux boots up on my Ion I know it says the USB driver loaded(it has wirless built in) but cant recall what the Jade says  no But I'll check. As far as the same game to be able to link... I think you need just the same platform like Ruby and jade should be able to. Not sure about an Ion and Evo. Like i said,I spent like 20 mins on it  bust gut laughing  Sorry i cant help more
marlboro
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2009, 09:53:05 AM »

ok, that makes sense. I am running Dos on my Megatouches, Dos was used up to emerald which is what i have. Linux starts at Ruby I beleive. I have just ordered a saphire kit so I will see what happens when i put a rugular ISA network card. the Linux kernel probably has network card drivers loading automatically. or maybe can just plug in a usb wireless nic??
I guess i will try everything and post my results. Now that these Maxx are on the cheaper side...
EricWood
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2011, 05:01:27 AM »

I know this is an old topic but correct me if im wrong.  In order to link two megatouches don't they have to be running the same version of software?  Thought i read that somewhere. 
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2011, 02:15:24 AM »

I know this is an old topic but correct me if im wrong.  In order to link two megatouches don't they have to be running the same version of software?  Thought i read that somewhere. 

I don't know why, but I seem to remember hearing that before, too.  Makes sense to me.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.