Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 01:21:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  BALLY Game Maker. (Moderator: tacman)
| | |-+  Game Conversions
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Game Conversions  (Read 5887 times)
idylewild1
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 140

« on: December 26, 2009, 01:12:39 PM »

I converted a dedicated ie cash encouters game to a multi game game maker. The reel games have no reel sounds. I have put swithch two off to eliminate the deluxe sound board. Is this normal or is there something else I need to do????? Thanks for any help.

Slotmaster

Total Karma Storms: 172

« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2009, 08:37:33 PM »

by the lower speaker there are two sets of speaker wires, one goes to the dlx board and the other direct to the backplane. 

if you have not done this already you need to swap the set of wires.

idylewild1

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2009, 09:47:59 PM »

Thanks for the help and K+ to you for the help.

StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2009, 05:22:04 AM »

Idylewild1, your deluxe sound board should have a single, separate wire that plugs into the backplane board. Can you tell me exactly where it plugs in?

Thanks,
SF garfield

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
idylewild1

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2009, 12:47:54 PM »

Will check Monday when I go to the shop and let you know. Thanks

idylewild1

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2009, 03:38:11 PM »

I checked and did not find a single wire plugged into the sound board. Let me know where to look and I'll try again. Thanks

Pokernut
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 112

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2009, 06:56:40 PM »

There should be a 2 wire harness.  Red w/white tracer and a Black wire.  It plugs into the J3 position on the deluxe sound board.  Its located on the top right side of the board ( see pic).
Pokernut

* sound board 001.JPG (90.16 KB, 640x480 - viewed 236 times.)
ricker

Total Karma Storms: 156

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2009, 07:36:55 PM »

Hey SF,

I looked at my machine and the wire you are talking about is orange but I don't think it is installed or there on your model's backpane. However the location on mine is the orange wire with the label attached(see pic), and the wires going up and to the right(JP-10 in pic) are for the sound. The deluxe sound board has 3 connectors on it. The other end of the connectors are for JP-10(replaces orig.), orange wire(power?), and 2nd speaker wires.

I don't know what the pin # is, but it connects to the second from the right, bottom row.

I am guessing your earlier model was never intended for stand alone configuration and this "wire", from sound board isn't there on your backpane.

I also think there is a different speaker wire(for bottom right speaker) when you change from dedicated to multi-game, or back. Again these wires were probably installed on the newer models intended for either use and not on your model.

Richard

* wire.jpg (124.54 KB, 800x600 - viewed 215 times.)
ricker

Total Karma Storms: 156

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2009, 07:45:11 PM »

Idylewild1,

I think there should be  a JP-10 plug lose up there by it. You need to unplug and replace with this extra as it will then power just the one lower right speaker. You need to also change those speaker wires(should be an extra set down there), and the "orange wire" in pic above, should have an unplugged one near it that you need to change too.  You unplug all the leads that come from the sound board and plug in the ones just sitting there. It's just a "r &r" remove and replace, done at backpane and lower speaker. You don't have to remove your sound board or it's connections.

Richard
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 07:54:17 PM by ricker » Logged
StatFreak

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2009, 01:15:32 AM »

Thanks for checking guys. K+ all around.  wave

Looking back at my previous post, I realize that I should have been more precise. I purchased a deluxe soundboard and harness some time back to use with dedicated games that had the sound chips, but did not know where the extra orange wire on the harness was supposed to connect to the backplane. Unfortunately Riker, you are correct that my backplane does not match yours, so I guess I'm still looking for a place to park that wire. stir the pot / get cooking

I'm not great with schematics, but I'll look at the v7000 diagrams and see if I can figure out where it needs to go.

<ADD> I have added a picture of the backplane.
I have the long JDOOR plug on the left; JBILL, JPRN, JHPWR (white plug) and an unlabeled MOLEX along the bottom; J10 (for the sound card's main harness plug) and SPARE above the MOLEX; and JMON to the far right.

I figure that the Bill, the monitor, and the spare harnesses are out.
That leaves the door harness, the RN harness, the small white power connector, and the MOLEX.

* D3C_6049.sm.jpg (571.08 KB, 2144x1424 - viewed 238 times.)
« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 01:54:50 AM by StatFreak » Logged

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
cp
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 165

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2009, 01:48:18 AM »

I ran into that same issue when turning a Bally w/ sound board... to a standard game.  Very simply,  there was  a 2 wire speaker connector  tied up in some cables near the speaker...I think the dlx sound board has its' own speaker plug ins.  Perhaps this is a long shot... but look for  a couple wires with female (spkr) connectors  ...maybe near the speaker...that are wire tied or just laying loose ...   Good Luck.
StatFreak

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2009, 01:58:25 AM »

Thanks cp, but the speaker wires are not the issue.

It's that single orange wire. I know that it is supposed to plug into a female connection on the backplane and that I will have to change the female plug on the end of my wire to a male (I'll probably just stick a pin into it.)

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.