Question on Xerox Printers- SOLVED

(1/1)

cowboygames:
Hi all, I got a SMOKIN' deal on a Xerox Phaser 7800DN today and want to hook it up to my home network and put it in another room. Can anyone tell me if I have to use the Xerox USB wireless adapter or are there others available? The Xerox one is $200 and I got the printer for $250, so yes, I'm being cheap. And no, it's not hot, there's a print shop in town going out of business. About crapped when I saw they're $4500 new. This one's about a year old and they ran about 4000 copies on it.

SOLVED- Found a brand new Xerox one on eBay last night for $100, thanks anyway

knagl:
I didn't see this until just now, but for future reference you can turn a non-wireless printer into a wireless one if you have a PC attached to it that is typically always on.  Attach the printer to your PC, attach your PC to your network, and share the printer on the network (through the PC).  Any other computer on the network (including laptops via wi-fi) can then print to the printer (once you install the driver on the computer and tell the computer that there's a network printer available).

cowboygames:
Thanks Knagl, that's good information, but in my case I try to keep the printers hooked up through the DSL modem so I don't have to leave any particular computer turned on. We've got one desk top, 2 laptops and my Droid Razr that all use the same printers so it's just easier for us that way.  :259- for sharing :89-

Navigation

[0] Message Index