Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 02:52:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  NLG Members who host their own Repair Logs of Various Games.
| |-+  RickHunters Computer Help 101 (Moderator: rickhunter)
| | |-+  40 Gigabit connectivity!!!!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 40 Gigabit connectivity!!!!  (Read 2828 times)
SAT (aka GANDHI)
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 224

« on: September 30, 2008, 07:58:23 PM »

I guess you no longer need OC-48 to get 40Gigabit.

http://www.thelocal.se/7869/20070712/

Keep it simple!!!
SAT (aka GANDHI)

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2008, 07:58:54 PM »

I guess you no longer need OC-48 to get 40Gigabit.

http://www.thelocal.se/7869/20070712/

Wow I want it!!!!!!!

I thought that it was funny that they said the hardest part was installing Windows on her PC!!!  rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao I guess that they think it is easy to get the Fibre cabling installed under the street between the source and her house??? i wish we had fibre where I am at!  stir the pot / get cooking

Mark

Keep it simple!!!
SAT (aka GANDHI)

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2008, 07:59:08 PM »

Of course it is a point to point connection, but nevertheless, 40Gbit?  Where do I sign up? And what kind of NIC card do I need?  I guess it would have to be a custom sort of network interface.  1 Gigabit NICs would be TOO SLOW!!! arrow

Keep it simple!!!
SAT (aka GANDHI)

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2008, 07:59:24 PM »

Look into WIMAX. With a single tower you can get 51 sq miles of connectivity and connection speeds in excess of 240mb.
Wimax got its draft 2 approval by the IEEE committee in March and is offically known as 802.16

Just a note that the 802.11N spec has still not received its IEEE approval and despite that it still has products to market although there is a fair bit of vendor incompatibility.

The WIMAX does share alot of the wireless specturm with the 1x signal so you won't see too many private WIMAX towers come into play as they would interfere with Tmobile and Cingular. The current manifacture of WIMAX technology is working with Intel so you should see that support showing up in laptops within the next year. On the otherhand you might just see that a lot of public support for actual broadband being made available (and not just the 140k/s crap that is being called broadband by the cell slimes).

The industry whitepapers that I have read are predicting that the Voice over IP wireless phones will be using this technology predominately by 2010. You will note that Motorola and Blackberry are currently developing Wifi (802.11x) phones and Skype (owned by ebay) is starting to sell hardsets for the home.....

Keep it simple!!!
SAT (aka GANDHI)

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2008, 07:59:39 PM »

Once again, it's not what you know, but who you know...  bawling bawling

Keep it simple!!!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.