Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 03:05:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  NLG Members who host their own Repair Logs of Various Games.
| |-+  RickHunters Computer Help 101 (Moderator: rickhunter)
| | |-+  Adobe 7.0
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Adobe 7.0  (Read 3118 times)
SAT (aka GANDHI)
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 224

« on: September 30, 2008, 09:36:24 PM »

I used Adobe 7.0 to download pics and adjust etc. I am trying to use it to make paytable inserts for slot glass. My problem (besides the un-user friendly HELP) is adjusting the color - once I scan I have to brighten the scan due to grey from the scan - which in turn fades the colors. Any HELP would be appreciated outside of buying another software as I am still using Millenium (gasp) and I doubt there is anything out there that would work on something this old.

Keep it simple!!!
SAT (aka GANDHI)

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2008, 09:37:43 PM »

thank you - I used to write software years ago in Silicon Valley - when we wrote software - DOCUMENTATION was a key element and was always written by non-programmers to insure that the end user could READ and UNDERSTAND it. Todays software - which has the modern day on line Help - must have been written by CIA code experts trying to make it impossible for anyone to read unless they had the CIA DECODER ENCRYTION DEVICE.  If anyone out there has ADOBE and can read and UNDERSTAND what they are saying PLEASE let me know what code I need to read the bloody thing. Thanks again - I will take your advise and go back to SIMPLE rather than play with the CIA.

Keep it simple!!!
SAT (aka GANDHI)

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2008, 09:38:03 PM »

You need to find some old copy of Photoshop Essentials 2.0

It's a scaled down verson of Photoshop that works wonders on adjusting hue, white balance, gamma, and more. Works very well and you can usually find it at some yard sale or thrift store in the computer pile. It comes with a lot of different digital cameras.

RJ

Keep it simple!!!
SAT (aka GANDHI)

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2008, 09:38:22 PM »

I have Adobe 7.0 also. I've never tried editing pics/color before. I tried to figure it out and I'm with you.
I found in preferences where you can set color management to emulate photoshop but what after that?
Beats me. When you go into picture tasks and Export & Edit Pictures it does not give you color mgt? Duh!
I tried but like I said I'm with you. Surely you can do this but HOW?

Best of Luck

Travis

Keep it simple!!!
SAT (aka GANDHI)

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2008, 09:38:33 PM »

You could go here

http://www.oldversion.com/

Then click Paint Shop Pro.   They have older versions that will work with Windows ME (Maximum Errors)

Paint Shop Pro has a 30 day free trial - download, install and get everything done within 30 days and you're good to go.

I believe the newest version Paint Shop Pro is under $100 tho.  Alot more reasonable than Adobe Photoshop (about $650.00)

Both Photoshop and Paint Shop Pro let you do a trial - 30 days for free - download of thier software...

Keep it simple!!!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.