Williams Jackpot Stampede deluxe dot fail

(1/7) > >>

eubie01:
I am new to this board and slot repairs. I am getting a Tilt dot fail message on the front. Can anyone help with that error? Also all the LED lights on the CPU board are on.
Thanks.

tollguy316:
Need a bit more info... When you say all the lights are lit ; is that all 5 to the right of the board   What about the one on the left side of the board ?  When you turn the machine on; do you get any bongs ?  When turning on; what happens ?  does anything light up ?  What does the dot display do ?   etc...    Bill

knagl:
Dot Fail is ususally because of a fried upper (Dotmation) power supply.  Pretty common on these machines.  Does your Dotmation screen come on at all when you turn the machine on?  If not, it's VERY likely that power supply needs to be replaced.  See this thread for more information:

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=90.0

tollguy316:
Kevin is correct... Only other possibility is to make sure both boards are seated firmly and it's also possible that one of the chips in the dotmation box went bad.... Bill

eubie01:
Hi,
Thanks for the help efforts. Yes all 6 lights are on and when I turn the unit on it bongs and initializes and then bongs again with another initialization. It will work for a while (maybe 1/2 hour then will have the dot fail message. I should mention that I replaced the voltage regulator (inside the power supply) about 1 1/2 months ago. My Mom has played this machine a lot since then. We always leave it on since the guy that sold it to her said its better for the power supply. Thanks again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page