Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 06:57:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  WMS Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  Williams jackpot limbo Tilt message
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Williams jackpot limbo Tilt message  (Read 7285 times)
kodyind
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 1

« on: August 27, 2011, 11:34:08 AM »

Just every now and then i will get a tilt message and if i open the door and then close it it will go away so can anyone help me with this

thanks
Jim

* slot1.jpg (126.52 KB, 640x425 - viewed 379 times.)

* slot2.jpg (112.7 KB, 640x425 - viewed 364 times.)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 12:05:46 PM by kodyind » Logged
Slotmaster
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 172

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2011, 07:36:34 PM »

usually this is a door open issue such as logic, belly, main, bill etc.  From the vibrations the swith can go open an closed which will produce the tilt.

Check to make sure all switches are making good contact.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 01:16:48 PM by Slotmaster » Logged
kodyind

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2011, 11:26:38 AM »

Slotmaster,
                 This is my first machine and i don't know much at all so can you give me alittle more detail on checking the switches. Thanks for your help

Jim
kodyind

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2011, 02:17:04 PM »

Slotmaster

It also seems to only do it when i put in more then one quarter at a time

Jim

usually this is a door open issue such as logic, belly, main, bill etc.  From the vibrations the swith can go open an closed which will produce the tilt.

Check to make sure all switches are making good contact.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 02:31:56 PM by kodyind » Logged
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2011, 05:15:07 PM »

Slotmaster,
                 This is my first machine and i don't know much at all so can you give me alittle more detail on checking the switches. Thanks for your help

Jim

Jim, Slotmaster is telling you to do exactly what I suggested in my email with regards to checking the door switches. As I had explained, there is the main door, the card cage door (where the two removable board are located), the bill validator cash door, and the cash can switch for the can inside the door.

We know that your cash door and cash can switches are working correctly because we tested them. You never told me if you removed the cash box and closed the switch with a piece of strong 2" packing tape as we had discussed.

If you did that and used weak tape (like regular scotch tape) then that switch might be poking up.

Making sure that the various door switches are not the problem is the first step. If none of them are causing the problem, then the members here will be able to help you figure out what's wrong.

Stat garfield

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
knagl

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2011, 02:03:51 AM »

What is the word it's trying to say in the top message?

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2011, 03:48:32 AM »

?

* scan0004.jpg (1784.23 KB, 1700x2338 - viewed 436 times.)

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
StatFreak

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2011, 09:08:44 AM »

Ah ha!  propeller  Sherlock Smiley  You hadn't posted those pictures the last time I was here. Tongue Out

You have a connection problem to your mechanical meters, or a mechanical meter failure. Since it reads "cable" that means that it's getting a more global error than it would if only one meter were the problem.  

Is is possible that you jostled the connections loose when you were trying to fix the validator? They are located right above it. (You read the meters from a window on the right side of the machine.) I would also check the meter harness connection at the back plane for giggles.

Professor Power OFF when checking and re-seating those connections!

Stat garfield

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
StatFreak

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2011, 09:12:47 AM »

P.S. Buzz, before you bother, I already sent him a copy of the setup manual two weeks ago. wave  frying pan bust gut laughing bust gut laughing

<ADD> Jim, since it's intermittent, re-seating the harness at both ends should fix it. If not, then it's possible that the harness is bad. If the problem comes back after re-seating, try moving the harness around (while the tilt is displayed) to see if it goes away and comes back. That would confirm a bad cable.

StatFreak

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2011, 09:19:17 AM »

What is the word it's trying to say in the top message?

The machine's pissed off because it's cables are messy. It's demanding neater cables!  Crazy frying pan   Just Kidding  Cry Laughing Cry Laughing Cry Laughing

SF garfield

knagl

Kevin

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2011, 05:05:18 PM »

Aah, Meter Cable.  Got it.  I had never seen that one before.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
StatFreak

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2011, 05:21:27 PM »

Aah, Meter Cable.  Got it.  I had never seen that one before.

Aww, I thought you'd like my joke. bawling bawling    frying pan arrow rotflmao

SF garfield

knagl

Kevin

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2011, 06:35:31 PM »

Don't sell it short -- I did smile!  Smiley

StatFreak

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2011, 06:43:49 PM »

Don't sell it short -- I did smile!  Smiley
wave

So kodyind, have you had a chance to mess with the "neter" cable yet? Any change? (I see you visited the the thread about 45 minutes ago.)

SF garfield

kodyind

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2011, 12:28:10 PM »

Statfreak,
                I unpluged the meter cables and pluged them back in last night and played and so far it is not doing it but i will try it more today for a longer period. I noticed on the back of that board ( the board with the meter plugs ) i saw port and plug not pluged in , it has about 10 or 12 pins. I will send a photo of this.

* DSC_7651s.jpg (149.01 KB, 640x425 - viewed 398 times.)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.