BALLY 5500 DROP DOOR OPEN

<< < (2/2)

Buzz:
It's not as hard as it looks. remove the BV head and transport, right in that same area there will be a electrical plug that goes to the BV chassis unplug it. Remove #2 and # 3 reels. With a 7/16 socket, 5 or 6 inch extension and a ratchet there are 4 nuts holding the chassis to the outside wall of the machine. You don't need to completely remove these nuts just loosen 4 or 5 turns. With the nuts loose pull the chassis toward yourself about 3/8 of a inch and then lift up.

With the chassis out of the machine I just bend the arm on the top micro switch so it's closed at all times. Now the bottom switch for the cash can.  Two small nuts hold it to the chassis, remove these nuts rotate the switch 1/2 turn and reinstall the two nuts. Now both of them are disabled you will not need a cash can, from now on the bills will fall into the large hole where the cash can is suppose to be. ( sure wish I could do that to a IGT )

vegasbaby:
Hi Buzz
I made the changes you requested  to fix my drop door error 5.4
#1 The top micro switch i wedge a wood block between forcing the copper lever over  white plunger forcing it completely shut.Hope that was correct?If plunger on switch is push in,is that the closed postion?
#2 bottom micro switch,removed bolts and turned it around.
Put it all back together,the good news is the bill aceaptor no longer runs non stop.Now the bad news is i still get the error code 5.4 along with 4.0 and 0000 flash's in between the codes.What do you think,did i not follow steps that you lay ed out,i thought i did.
MARK

Buzz:
You know I haven't worked on a Bally machine in 3 or 4 years, your testing me!

On the front of the MPU tray there are two buttons and one toggle switch, this has nothing to do with your error but if your going to use coins that toggle MUST be in the UP possition. OK now press the button that is on your right and see what happens. ( reset button )

You must have got the micro switches bypassed OK the BV quit cycling.

Next time you have the MPU out poet the number on the main chips.  U3, U4, U12, & U15  They will all have the same number.  They should be like 920000  or 960000

vegasbaby:
HI
I coin mech toggle switch was in up postion.I pushed the test button,it didn't make any changes in the error code of before.I will post the picture of the board with chips.This slot worked fine intill i let it sit UN used in storage,once i got it out had the bad battery,that i changed,then received the other error codes.Why would the 5.4 still show as a code error if i fixed the mirco switch problems?Since then i now have the 4.0 error.I'm in no big rush to get this running,i have nothing but time to trouble shoot.
THANKS MARK

vegasbaby:
Thanks Buzz
Just got my bally slot machine up and running,all errors are gone.I think what happened after i made the fixes you requested,when putting it back together,i didn't full connect one  connection,as it was loose.Remounted it,pushed reset and it all works.
SEE YOU STILL HAVE YOUR BALLYs TOUCH.
THANKS FOR THE TIPS
Mark

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page