Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 12:31:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  Instructions for installing S+ game in a S2000 machine?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Instructions for installing S+ game in a S2000 machine?  (Read 3221 times)
MrBellMan
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 153

Wild Thing!

« on: June 27, 2009, 03:52:18 PM »

I found bits and pieces of info here and there, but no detailed "how to" instructions.

I'm trying to install a 5X Pay Deluxe S+ game in my spare S2000. I know it works because that is the game that was in it when I originally bought it. I have the SB1000 installed and my S+ (SS8256) installed with the two slot down rule on the U17. When I turn on the game, I go through the "turn reset key and hold button for 3 seconds" routine, but then it still says call for attendant and wants to start over (and over).

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Rob
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 04:24:11 PM by MrBellMan » Logged
dpalmi
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 291

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2009, 04:42:10 PM »

When I turn on the game, I go through the "turn reset key and hold button for 3 seconds" routine, but then it still says call for attendant and wants to start over (and over).

Did you go through it the second time?  I know sometimes when I change things in a S2000 - like moving a MPU board from one machine to another - it makes you do the "hold the test button for 2-3 seconds" twice.  So it seems like it's just starting over, but after the second time it starts up normally....

Dan #2

A great man once said, "I was told last time I would get a piece of cake."

MrBellMan
Contributing NLG Member

Wild Thing!

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2009, 04:48:43 PM »

I have tried it like five times in a row... I must be missing a simple step or something...

When the S+ game and SB1000 is installed, you just go through the regular procedures as if you were just changing any regular S2000 game right?

Not sure what the issue is.  Scratch Head
dpalmi

Total Karma Storms: 291

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2009, 05:03:20 PM »

I have tried it like five times in a row... I must be missing a simple step or something...

When the S+ game and SB1000 is installed, you just go through the regular procedures as if you were just changing any regular S2000 game right?

Not sure what the issue is.  Scratch Head

I wonder - if my memory serves me a had a similar problem once.  Now, when I did the game swap - it had already had a S+ kit in it - but it wouldn't take the new game and I think it did what is happening to you - it just keep looping.  The problem was the chip I had wasn't fast enough.  For a S+ kit to work in a S2000, the EPROM has to be at least 120ns (I think...) or faster - or it won't work.  That was my issue - the chip wasn't fast enough.  Had to get a replacement chip that was faster - then it worked like a charm....

Dan #2

A great man once said, "I was told last time I would get a piece of cake."

fanninislots
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 86

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2009, 05:05:02 PM »

The SS chip 27C64 has to be a 100 speed or better for the game to work

MrBellMan
Contributing NLG Member

Wild Thing!

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2009, 05:09:51 PM »

Sure enough... I had the older SS chip in there. I installed the faster one a it works.  frying pan Duh! frying pan Duh! frying pan Duh!

Thanks,

Rob
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.