Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 09:07:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  S2000 - VFD display, needed information
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: S2000 - VFD display, needed information  (Read 4137 times)
Nurbo
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 17

« on: April 19, 2013, 06:53:42 AM »

On my S2000 Super Spin Sizzling 7 I can read this kind of display:

On some machines, we can read the following  display :

At first, I thought that it was because my machine was not able to make  the "multi denomination" selection but on the picture http://www.ohiogaming.com/superspinsizzling7.htm  we can see that there is not any button that permits this change of "denomination" even if the screen displays several lines.

According to you, is this kind of display a part of "multi denomination" selection ?

Thanks by advance for your answer

Nurbo

IGT S2000 Super Spin Sizzling 7
BALLY 809 Multiplier
cowboygames
Abbys Dad
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2013, 07:42:35 AM »

You are right about the relationship between the two types of character display and multidenom access. On your MPU there is a version chip whose type determines whether you can set the machine up for single denom or multidenom. Machines that have a single denom type version chip will have the display type in your first picture and machines that have a multideom version chip will have the two line display type, known as a split display, shown in your second picture. Here's the catch, and there's always a catch, some machines will have a multidenom version chip and split display, but have only one denom programmed for use and they won't have the button for changing the denom though the wiring will be tied up inside the door along the wiring harness, usually over by your bet max credits button. In this case you can add the physical button and change the programming to add the desired additional denom options. On your machine, which also has the wiring inside the door, you would have to add the physical "denom select" button, change the version chip to one that allows multidenom and reprogram the machine much more extensively to add the feature and have the split diplay like your second picture.
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2013, 12:32:04 PM »

cowboygames  I don't why I'm going to say this, but I think the game chips ( SG ) have a lot to do with the split display.  Scratch Head Scratch Head I've been wrong before, but if I am it will be the first time today !!!

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
FORDSBS
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 363

PET

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2013, 12:36:06 PM »

Just changed one for guy yesterday. All I did was change version chip.
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2013, 12:41:36 PM »

I don't know Buzz, never had an issue with the SG's and multidenom on a standard S2000 platform game as long as the VS chip was a VS011GX1. The exception being Barcrest games that weren't origionally inteneded to be multidenom. They put out a later version SG that allowed for it. And I've been wrong before also, probably already today too bust gut laughing
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2013, 01:13:50 PM »

Ford That may be, but what SG chips did it have ?  OK another question, did it have split display before you changed the version chip ?

I don't have time for this today I have to load my S*** up and go to Bullhead !!  Everyone gets the weekend without me. Shucks.

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
FORDSBS
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 363

PET

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2013, 01:18:25 PM »

Ford That may be, but what SG chips did it have ?  OK another question, did it have split display before you changed the version chip ?

I don't have time for this today I have to load my S*** up and go to Bullhead !!  Everyone gets the weekend without me. Shucks.
363's were in. Did not have split screen before. He wanted split screen. It was on a Munsters.
2 wks ago same on a lucky 7's
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 01:26:27 PM by FORDSBS » Logged
Nurbo
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2013, 05:41:32 PM »

HI,

Thank you everybody for all your answers !

So, in order to precise the chips are :

PV1 : SG000223
PV3 : SB100259
PV7 : VFD00007
PV14 : VS009IHO
PV16 : DSV00058

I have found out that the version chip must display one line as the machine is single denomination.

At the moment I have one SB101122, one clear 097 and a key 045 (the lattest one works well, I have already used it).

According to the document IGT PSR  399, we must use a SG000399 for the super spin sizzling 7.

Therefore, I am going to buy à SG000399 and a VS011IX1, make a RAM CLEAR (do I have to make an « EEPROM clear» ???)

Nurbo

BALLY 809 Multiplier
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2013, 05:58:00 PM »

With the new SG and VS chips a normal clear and setup will work fine. Don't forget to order the actual denom button for the player panel if you want to have multiple denom options. If you just want the split display then don't worry about it
Nurbo
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2013, 05:36:40 AM »

Hello,

You were right Cowboygames!   applause

I bought from RudysDeal my new chips:
- 1 set of SG000399
- VS001IX1
- Clear 097

And I have the two line display type.

I have not had time yet to test by programming a single denomination as indicated Cowboygames.

BALLY 809 Multiplier
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.