Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 01:14:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  S2000 WBA question
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: S2000 WBA question  (Read 2990 times)
therockinelvis
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 99

« on: June 18, 2013, 02:51:27 PM »

I had a MEi validater and changed to a WBA 13. There are 4 plugs on the wba harness and I only have 3 plugs on my machine. Is this a problem? The WBA is not lighting the bezel but does cycle when machine is turned on so it does not accept bills. Is this something in settings?
dale
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 60

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2013, 03:27:47 PM »

Jim there should be a three wire plug that is not used, a dangler, lol. Do you have S2000 (ID024) chip in the WBA 13?
therockinelvis
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2013, 03:34:33 PM »

I will have to check. I bought 3 complete units from DSP and told jason they were for S2000.
harp
Contributing Gold NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 46

Always on the road

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2013, 08:06:00 PM »

When you changed from the MEI to the JCM if you have the correct firmware installed in the WBA the game should have come up with a CRC Mismatch

As we all know on the S2K Open and Close the Door twice to clear the BV CRC Mismatch error

Harp
therockinelvis
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2013, 10:51:31 PM »

No error or crc mismatch. It cycles as it should on start up and when box is installed. Just does not become bill ready.
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2013, 11:37:34 PM »

Tell you what to do, remove the MPU from the machine and turn the machine on, listen real good and what do you hear?? You guess it the BV cycled. What did this little experiment tell you ??  Absolutely nothing another than the fact that the BV has power.

If you mess around with these WBAs long enough you learn the different sounds they make when they cycle and you know ahead of time if one has a chance of working or not. Guess what , a BV with IDO3 and a BV with IDO24 sound exactly the same !!

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
therockinelvis
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2013, 05:43:00 PM »

I had the machine check the netplex. Then got the CRC mismatch, did door reset and all is good. Thanks
dpalmi
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 291

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2013, 12:07:43 PM »

I had a MEi validater and changed to a WBA 13.

Hi,

If you don't mind me asking, why did you make the switch?  My S2000 machines currently have MEI validators in them and it has crossed my mind a couple times to also make the switch, but I haven't really been able to think up any good reasons to do it.  Keep in mind, all my MEIs are working as they should.  I actually prefer the cash box on the MEIs better, think they are faster and have better bill acceptance.  Just wondering what pushed you to make the switch....

Thanks!

Dan #2

A great man once said, "I was told last time I would get a piece of cake."

therockinelvis
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2013, 01:23:56 PM »

I did a game conversion. The cabinet I took everything out of was a 9" top and I changed to a 16" including the Mei. The 16" cabinet did not have a bvd. I built a Frankenstien so to speak from the 9" to a 31" top. Once I had everything else done it was time for bvd. Jim from Blueridge suggested WBA. I agree about the cashbox.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.