Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 03:07:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  Classic Red White & Blue!!! (Photos and Video!!!)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Classic Red White & Blue!!! (Photos and Video!!!)  (Read 5952 times)
Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 233

« on: July 12, 2013, 11:50:28 PM »

Every July there is one theme that gets played all month at my house and that's the good 'ol Red White & Blue.  When I first picked up this theme a couple of years ago, it had a few war scars on the glass frosting.  I scraped all of it off and sprayed the back side of the belly glass with Valspar interior frosting to give it the letters and stars a bright white finish.  It looks much better than the nicked up nicotine stained frosting that was there before.  Next came the strips.  The strips that were included with the kit had some fairly significant issues that really made the game look bad...to me anyway.  Those were removed, but the challenge was to find some backlit strips that would fit the bill.  Everyone knows that Red White & Blue has about a million different strip configurations, but I finally found a new set.  The downside...not backlit.  Ugh!  To overcome that, I spent about 6 hours painting the backsides of the non-backlit strips black.  THAT was a job.  After the painting was complete, I installed them in the machine and they looked great!  The only downside was that they had the small 7's.  I've always preferred the large 7's, but from the feedback that I had received, large 7's were next to impossible to get on this theme.  Oh well.  Well, finally, after a couple years of searching, low and behold, a set of backlit Red White & Blue, near new, washable, large 7 strips in MY game configuration came up for sale on NLG!  Needless to say, I snatched those babies up shortly after they were posted! 

After 3 years, my Red White & Blue is complete, and I am proud to get it out and play it with family and friends...especially during the 4th of July!   waving flag

Below are some photos and video of the game in action!!!   applause

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/d8KntL1E2bY&rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/d8KntL1E2bY&rel=0</a>

Thanks,
Jason

* Top.jpg (1432.96 KB, 2400x1800 - viewed 194 times.)

* Reel.jpg (1419.85 KB, 2400x1800 - viewed 161 times.)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 03:58:09 AM by Yoeddy1 » Logged

Yoeddy's IGT Slot Machine Videos
http://www.youtube.com/user/Yoeddy1
Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2013, 11:51:57 PM »

A couple more photos!

Thanks,
Jason

* Belly.jpg (942.53 KB, 2400x1800 - viewed 174 times.)

* Full.jpg (1274.06 KB, 1800x2400 - viewed 187 times.)

bronconut7
Freedom Isn't Free
Contributing Gold NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 146

"Aluminum Overcast" B-17G

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2013, 01:19:00 AM »

Great work and congrats on completing your project.  That sounds like it took a lot of patience!!  It sure turned out great!  The video was fun to see as I have an S+ machine, so the back lit reels and the sounds were great to see and hear.  I like the patriotic idea you have for July as well.  I also put in my 4th of July theme at the end of June for the same reason.  I think that is a great idea.  Thanks for posting your photos and video.   +1 (Karma, or whatever)   Hail   Clap   American Flag
CVslots

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2013, 01:37:24 PM »

Machine looks great! What's up with the buttons? Do you have colored LEDs in them?  Scratch Head

The Play 3 looks almost looks yellow in the pic...

Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2013, 02:29:16 PM »

Thanks Roz.  Yep, I finally went the LED route on my S2000 and Game King.  Wish I would have done it sooner.  Looks so much better!

Jason

Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2013, 05:26:40 PM »

Machine looks great! What's up with the buttons? Do you have colored LEDs in them?  Scratch Head

Roz  What's wrong with you ??  Jason says he's The OCD Guy,  he forgets to tell you he's  a nit picker that's color blind.  Anyone knows a yellow button goes with a Red /White / & Blue theme !!   Crazy Silly Me!

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2013, 05:48:04 PM »

I forgot to order a large red LED...doh!!!

Jason

Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2013, 06:01:10 PM »

I forgot to order a large red LED...doh!!!

Jason

Somewhere around this messy house I have a whole bunch of them, do you want me to send you one ?? ( Are you sure you don't want Blue ?) But if you put the Tabasco kit in you will need Green, damn decisions ( sorry I passed and didn't buy any Pink.)

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2013, 06:15:37 PM »

That's ok Buzz.  I'll be taking this kit out pretty soon anyway.  I did get a couple of green ones.  What I need to find is one of those LEDs that changes colors....those are cool.  Not sure where to get em though.

Jason

Ron (r273)
NLG Welcome Wagon & General Chat
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 401

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2013, 06:54:17 PM »

That's ok Buzz.  I'll be taking this kit out pretty soon anyway.  I did get a couple of green ones.  What I need to find is one of those LEDs that changes colors....those are cool.  Not sure where to get em though.

Jason

Got one from auto parts store (12v). They only last about a year then slow way down on color changes.

Ron (r273)
CVslots

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2013, 06:57:11 PM »

Roz  What's wrong with you ??  Jason says he's The OCD Guy,  he forgets to tell you he's  a nit picker that's color blind.  Anyone knows a yellow button goes with a Red /White / & Blue theme !!   Crazy Silly Me!

No, it doesnt go, thats why I mentioned it "looked" yellow. I thought he would pick up on that.

Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2013, 01:20:52 AM »

Ok, I threw a white one in.  Yes, it looks better.  Smiley

Jason

CVslots

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2013, 01:32:50 AM »

There's the Jason I know!!!  applause applause applause

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.