Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 05:58:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  Igt S2000 door wiring harness issues
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Igt S2000 door wiring harness issues  (Read 30670 times)
brianfink
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 20

« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2013, 11:09:06 PM »

I wonder if the type of MPU and backplane makes any difference mine is the old style are your machines 044 Rich ?
qbert
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 30

« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2013, 01:55:44 AM »

Old style also.
I converted  both machines from 3 to 5 reel so I do not know what game the button decks came from.
They are now operating a 5 reel Double Diamond Spin 90 credit and a 5 reel  Three Times Pay 45 credit.  All with 802 I/O cards only.
qbert
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2013, 06:29:55 PM »

Jacker
Have not forgotten about you. I know you do not have an endless supply of parts so lets try the last known semi working
condition
You said now the coin message is back the mpu reset is still inop?  (Hold in for a good five seconds)
If still no go put the old original I/O cards in. Reboot and see what happens.
If no change there put the old original harness back in with the old I/Os.
If it goes back to what you had (a playable game with deck lights inop)
Just try using the new I/O cards.
Did you say you replaced the entire button deck and harness orjust the harness?
The pop you heard may still be a key issue but I'm trying to get you back to
 where we were before the mpu button stopped working.
jacker
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 10

« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2013, 07:10:52 PM »

I did replace the entire button deck which had the harness attached. I have tried my other set of door I/O cards, but nothing. Holding the MPU button in for 5 - 7 seconds (twice) will bring up the  #1 accounting, but it will go no further. Other than this, the buttons will not do a thing. Close door and the coin-in jam displays.
The POP, could it be the MPU board? I do have a spare.
I will try the wiring harness swap this evening, however that harness would not work before I changed it out.
The coin comparator show a green light, but could this be my problem
qbert
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2013, 07:21:15 PM »

Coin comp should have a green light. This is normal. I know that you had tried unplugging it but if you do that I believe you need a plug with a jumper plug to be installed where the comp was plugged in.
The comparitor  should just pop out of it's mount.
Have you pulled it out to make sure it does not have a coin or something else stuck in it?
jacker
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2013, 08:39:49 PM »

Yes, pulled it out you can see straight through it. Green light blinks when coin passes through it. The coin will go to the "bank" not to the coin tray or to the hopper. Is that right with a coin-in jam error?
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2013, 10:40:58 PM »

I think one of the problems here is you folks think a coin error in a S 2000 has to be something to do with coin handling, that's not true. Couple of years ago I had one with a coin error and it turned out to be the 9 line display ( behind the reel glass) was the problem. Matter of fact I still have the machine and it still has a 5 line display, guess one of these days I should fix it. In one picture you had the wrong IO plugged into the 9 line display, will that damage the 9 line display ?  I don't know, but it's something to think about. If you don't have another 9 line a 5 line will work.

I have had coin errors in machines that didn't even have coin handling.

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
jacker
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2013, 12:36:42 AM »

9 line display was working until the short or POP occurred. It did work with the I/O boards reversed from what they are today. Wat back, this had a coin-in Jam and there was not set up with coins. This is very, very confusing. Anybody know a tech in the Fort Worth area that I can take this machine to?
brianfink
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 20

« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2013, 01:22:51 AM »

I've hooked up the 9 line display wrong before and had no damage (but that doesn't mean that it isn't the problem). I think I have also had the same error when the digital display (not the VFD) was bad on an older vision ready machine, after a similar short in the button harness.     
jacker
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2013, 01:31:16 AM »

Changed harness / buttons / players deck back to original....Nothing changed. Problem must be somewhere else. Guess I will Change out MPU board in  morning,      unless someone has another idea.         Maybe just maybe something on it is burnt out.
Thanks
CVslots
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2013, 03:26:34 PM »

I have had coin errors in machines that didn't even have coin handling.

Yep,  Me, too!

Jacker - Just for kicks, can you check your settings in your menus (I think you can view these without a clear or key chip). If machine is set-up for coins (Coinless Mode is OFF), you will get Coin-In Jams. Occurs in S2000 and I-Games/GameKings. If machine is NOT set to Coinless, it will keep looking for coin accept and hopper, and error out when it does find them.

jacker
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2013, 08:45:42 PM »

Trouble is I can not get any buttons to work so I can't check anything out!
qbert
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2013, 11:09:47 PM »

Let's check something before you play with the board.
With the machine on open the door put a volt meter on the yellow wire connected to the max bet micro switch.
(Or any of the micro switch yellow wires going to a button).
Attach the negative volt meter wire to the frame(ground)
Do you have 12 volts?
qbert
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2013, 11:25:41 PM »

Damn it buzz I think you are correct again.
I unplugged the display for the bets per line on my  machine and no shit I got " coin in  jam' on my screen.
Jacker you might want to replace the display for the bets per line display.
That display should have a small green led near the white plug indicating it is getting power.
If your lucky Roz will have one 30% off.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 11:36:54 PM by qbert » Logged
CVslots

« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2013, 12:10:00 AM »

Might just be your lucky day jacker...

And I second the "Damn you Buzz" comment....o

Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2013, 12:42:17 AM »

Roz  If I was you I would play nice,  Monday morning about 1 AM I will be going by pretty close to your house. ( I can detour right by your house ) This is NO BS I have a set of Train horns on my truck.  Do I need to say more ????  Darrell will be pissed at both of us, but he's gonna have to catch me and he's already got you.     Crazy bust gut laughing

qbert
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2013, 12:58:19 AM »

That was damn it not damn you
CVslots

« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2013, 01:44:04 AM »

Roz  If I was you I would play nice,  Monday morning about 1 AM I will be going by pretty close to your house. ( I can detour right by your house ) This is NO BS I have a set of Train horns on my truck.  Do I need to say more ????  Darrell will be pissed at both of us, but he's gonna have to catch me and he's already got you.     Crazy bust gut laughing

Oh I'm sorry, biscuits and gravy aren't served until 5am! Besides, you don't want to know want to know what happened to the last guy Darrell caught.... bust gut laughing bust gut laughing bust gut laughing

I will listen for the train horns though...

Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2013, 02:11:15 AM »

He ain't a gonna catch me, it don't take me all day to herd cows three hours.

I have to be in Sacramento in the wee hours Monday and take a carnival ride to Ventura. Ride will be in Ventura until the wee hours of the 12th and off to Bosie I go.

jacker
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2013, 11:47:29 AM »

Voltage at the yellow with red tracer on spin button looks to have 10.56 volts. Setting was at 20 V on my meter. Probably not a good meter. Bet per line display DOES have the green lite on. Any wy to check it with out the use of the buttons
qbert
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2013, 12:20:45 PM »

Voltage OK
Green led just means it's getting power.
I don't know how to test other than to put it in another machine.
Check the plugs , pins and wires going to and from this display carefully.
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2013, 02:28:53 PM »

I have a BAD 9 line display that the green light comes on on it. There is no way I can say for sure that your 9 line display is the problem here, I think it is but can't be positive. The digital display may be the problem. Back track a little bit, in your other thread you said the 9 line display the first and third lines didn't work anyway. This tells me no matter what you need a new one, if that's not the problem whats another 25 bucks. If someone told you owning a slot machine was a cheap hobby they lied to you ! Owning or playing their going to get your money.

You say you heard a popping noise, I have never had a capacitor blow, but I would think it would make a popping noise. Remove the four screws holding the  digital display and inspect it for damage.

Now you keep going back to the buttons don't work, the machine is in a tilt ( error ) a whole lot of things will not work until the tilt is cleared, I was supprised when you said the Green light was working on the coin comparator.

I don't think in this case this is going to work but with the main door closed, lift and lower the main door latch 3 or 4 times. Maybe I should explane, A S 2000 will clear one error each time the latch is opened and closed. And only one error at a time, if you have more than one error you need to do this a few times. Just lift the latch wait a couple of seconds and make sure you lower it all the way down.

Good Luck

jacker
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #47 on: July 28, 2013, 03:12:19 PM »

Buzz
I did order a 9-line display, today. Looking the board over, I seen a black spot on one of the pieces leads. May sound crazy, but this small piece smells like burnt plastic. Sending a pict. of it just for !! Let you know in a few days if this is it or not. Thanks

* DSCF5066.JPG (771.73 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 198 times.)
CVslots

« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2013, 10:32:34 PM »

That's not crazy at all...the smell is very distinct on a fried component. Good thought to smell it...the nose knows!  rotflmao

Tech73
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 3

« Reply #49 on: July 30, 2013, 10:19:25 PM »

I've had this problem on a s2k coin slot machine. It's been a while but if I remember correctly I unplugged the 5-5-2 display and the buttons would work and was able to scroll through the options. I'll have to read the book when I go back to work to see for sure.

It's something messing with the netplex.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.