Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 02:49:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  Igt S2000 door wiring harness issues
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Igt S2000 door wiring harness issues  (Read 30668 times)
jacker
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 10

« Reply #50 on: August 03, 2013, 08:53:27 PM »

HEY bUZZ
It worked (the 9 line display). Went thru the setups and Got all to work except the WAMM. Would I have to put the Keychip back in to get this set? From the Key 7 menu, I can get to it, but can not change it, it says Version unknown. Thanks
qbert
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 30

« Reply #51 on: August 03, 2013, 10:21:23 PM »

Jacker,
As I recall you have 362 chips. In order to set WAMM you will have to use your clear chip.
Go back through your first post when you were having trouble setting wamm.
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #52 on: August 03, 2013, 11:02:24 PM »

Rich  I don't use 362 so I'm talking out my A$$  but many times I've read the only time you have to use a clear is to set or change the accounting denom.

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
qbert
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #53 on: August 03, 2013, 11:21:09 PM »

The 362s suck, you have to set  the 7.1.4 to WAMM and your right you may get away with just a key.

Key chip Jacker just a key
sorry
jacker
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #54 on: August 04, 2013, 12:35:59 AM »

Will try key chip in morning. Thanks Guys
jacker
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #55 on: August 04, 2013, 11:50:29 AM »

Tried Key Chip, Can not get the WAMM still says Version unknown. Guess I'm gona Clear chip it again. Will see what happens
qbert
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #56 on: August 04, 2013, 12:28:42 PM »

Should not need clear. Confirm no credits on the machine and key should let you into 7.1.4
When it is at unknown you should be able to toggle from unkown to WAMM. then save with play max button. 
qbert
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #57 on: August 04, 2013, 12:36:10 PM »

Here is a quote from wireless when he was having trouble setting WAMM.

" Here's the deal, when I saw the "Version unknown" I went back to the previous menu.  Well, thats not what you have to do.  When that message was displayed I had to hit the "spin reel" button to navigate to "WAMM" and from there you select the max bet button.  I guess I should have played around with this more before posting but hopefully this will help someone else out."
jacker
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #58 on: August 04, 2013, 12:43:15 PM »

Have the WAMM set. But now I am getting a " Ten Button I/O card not found" A few post ago, someone told me the door I/O cards were reversed. I did reverse them. Maybe, just maybe they should go back to the original I had them ?
cowboygames
Abbys Dad
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #59 on: August 04, 2013, 12:45:45 PM »

As long as both cards are 7802's it shouldn't matter. If they're mismatched 7801/7802 then it would make a diffrence
qbert
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #60 on: August 04, 2013, 12:51:10 PM »

Don't forget S2K only clears one error at a time. Have you lifted the door handle, waited a few seconds and then lowered again. Do this a few times to be sure.
jacker
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #61 on: August 04, 2013, 01:17:33 PM »

Switched the cables around on the door I/O cards. It is now WORKING with quarters. The bill acceptor is not working, but I'll start a new thread like you said and see if someone can help with this. It's been a long two months on this machine, but THANK YOU to all you guys that helped me through this. Now just one more step, the BV. Thanks again.
Tech73
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 3

« Reply #62 on: August 04, 2013, 09:05:51 PM »

What type of BV do you have? If you have a WBA put it in test mode or calibrate it to rule out the BV being bad.

Have you gone in inputs/outputs and reinstalled the netplex for the BV?
jacker
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #63 on: August 04, 2013, 09:38:29 PM »

JCM WBA-12-SS....Test mode is setting dip switch 8 on the  BV Turned on reinserted BV. Nothing. It does initialize when powering up.
I have gone to 4.3 auto - conf. netplex device. nothing will change here.??
I do not know how to calibrate the BV.
The benzel does not light up, could this be the problem
Tech73

« Reply #64 on: August 04, 2013, 09:51:21 PM »

Calibrating the BV is ____^^^^ that's eight through five down and insert in housing. Can't do this if you don't have calibration paper.

Test mode is _^^^____ That's eight down, seven through five up and four through one down. Insert it into the housing and it should cycle just a little bit then press eight up and it will fully cycle. If this works put a bill in it to see what it does.
Tech73

« Reply #65 on: August 04, 2013, 09:53:43 PM »

Press the test button on the CPU and go into Inputs/Outputs. Scroll to the right till you see Netplex devices and hit spin. Scroll to the right till you see the BV and then hit spin and see what it does.
jacker
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #66 on: August 04, 2013, 10:09:00 PM »

Tried it. nothing. When I power up the Machine, Error code " Bill Validator error" displays, then I open / close door then I can go on to playing with quarters. When trying a bill, it will not do anythign
In test mode and calibration the BV responded briefly. Still no lights in the bezel
Tech73

« Reply #67 on: August 04, 2013, 11:16:00 PM »

Did this BV come with the slot machine? If it did does the BV have a removable chip on the board or is it all one piece?
Tech73

« Reply #68 on: August 04, 2013, 11:24:54 PM »

I had with a S2000 at work that had some of the same problems you been fighting with. The coin hopper was turning backwards, the buttons wouldn't work and when I unplugged one thing they started working but the exit button became the scroll to the right button. I unplugged a few more things and the buttons would work correctly. It would go into a coin-in jam and when I got it to stop that it went into a meter disconnect. After all that it turned out to be the Mother Board/Back Plane. I never checked the BV though so don't know if that was affected.
Tech73

« Reply #69 on: August 04, 2013, 11:25:46 PM »

opps, I quoted myself...LOL
jacker
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #70 on: August 05, 2013, 12:06:24 AM »

BV came with machine, but the guy I purchased it from put the screws to me on the whole unit. been fighting problems, replacing just about everything, so I just don't know if it is the original or not. The board is all one piece.  Hopper pays out correctly, all buttons work correctly, everything but the BV. I did not include a printer with this unit. Shouldn't there be some lights in the bezel area?
qbert
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #71 on: August 05, 2013, 12:26:23 AM »

I'm not real good with Tshooting BVs but I do know that you won't get any lights in the bezzel area unless the BV is funtioning and ready to except bills.
Are your bezzel bulbs LEDs? If they are not they are probably burned out anyway, check bulb continuity with ohm meter.
Lets move to your post on BV inop. I think we accomplished what you needed on this post.

Rich
Tech73

« Reply #72 on: August 05, 2013, 12:28:05 AM »

There is a light bar in the door. It's what lights up the green bezel of the transport. That's good it being a one piece board. The transport with the chip in it goes to the S+ only and doesn't work with the S2000. Can you look on the right side of the transport when it has power and see two small lights? I know you know this but I'll say it anyway. For the BV to work all the dip switches have to up ^^^^^^^^. Pull the head out of the transport and blow it out and reseat it to see what it'll do.

Do you have another machine you can put this transport into to make sure it bad?

If not then power the machine off and unplug the 5-5-2 display and power it up and see if the transport will work.
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #73 on: August 05, 2013, 02:24:19 AM »

The transport with the chip in it goes to the S+ only and doesn't work with the S2000.

Tech73   The only difference in a WBA 12 and  a WBA 13 is a 12 is flashed programed and a 13 has a eprom for program.  Either one will work in a S 2000 if it's programed IDO24 (IGT)

jacker  Now your getting like you were with the buttons not working before you replaced the 9 line display. The Yellow light on the front of the BV bezel will NEVER light up until every error ( tilt) has been cleared. Allso if that yellow light is not on it will never except a bill. That is assuming the bulbs are good in the bezel/

Now the BV cycling when you turn the machine only tells you one thing, the BV is getting power. The BV will cycle when the machine is turned on even if the MPU is not in the machine. I would like you to remove the BV and cash can, looking into the BV chassis where the BV goes watch in the very rear floor, while watching install the cash cash can, you should see two small black flags come up out of the floor. Their purpose is to block two sets of optics in the BV transport.  One or both may be broken. ( I don't think this is the problem but it gives you something to do.)  Now remove the hopper and take a look at the wire harness coming out of the BV chassis. This harness will have 4 plugs on the end of it but only 3 of them are used. I have found one wire in that harness was cut. The only reason a wire there was cut is to screw with the next fellow that is going to work on that machine. I'm just saying all slot techs are not Boy Scouts.

Now if your tired of working on this machine and would like to play it for a while, in key menu you can program the machine where one coin will give you $100 credits. You would still be playing it as a 25 cent machine but would be getting your credits using a coin and not a bill.  It's up to you.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 04:20:03 PM by Buzz » Logged

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
CVslots
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #74 on: August 05, 2013, 02:54:06 AM »

My guess....BV is not programmed ID023. Just my 2...

Look for some sticker or identifier on the validator and head. MOST people label or mark them (for their own sanity).

Edit: Just seen your OTHER post on your validator and seen you have ID024, so my guess is no good anymore...but why do you have 2 posts on your validator? It only confuses us...
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 03:06:47 AM by CVslots » Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.