Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 03:31:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  IGT s2k credit display interference
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: IGT s2k credit display interference  (Read 2859 times)
Tech73
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 3

« on: July 30, 2013, 04:46:50 PM »

Hi all, I just registered to this forum and have a question.

I have a upright IGT S2k 5 line reel game that is having problems with the 5-5-2 display. It's sending extra power to the 2 part of the display making the 5 look like a 9. I changed the mother board yesterday and this fixed it. I got a text this morning telling me it's back to doing it again. I'm thinking something on the CPU is sending to much power to the mother board causing this. Maybe the soundcard? I'm going to change the mother board again to see if it goes away but wanted to see if any of you had any ideas.

I'm also having this problem on a 9 line 6-6-3 display but I've change the mother board three times to no avail. I'm thinking it's the CPU on this game and will have it keyed.

I'm a 5 year slot tech with about 1500+ machines and still learning of course. Do we ever stop learning?
cowboygames
Abbys Dad
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2013, 06:34:02 PM »

The couple times I've had this issue it was a bad display. Replaced the display and problem solved
Tech73

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2013, 08:46:15 PM »

I wish it was that easy cowboygames. That was the first thing I swapped and it stayed with the game. I also swapped the I/O cards. Everything I have done stayed with the game and didn't transfer to the other S2k I used to troubleshoot with. The only thing that fixed it for a short time was changing the motherboard.
cowboygames
Abbys Dad
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2013, 09:40:18 PM »

Scratch Head You couldn't come up with something simple
Tech73

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2013, 09:56:06 PM »

Don't I wish, when I go back to work Thursday I'm going to change the motherboard again and change the sound card on the CPU to see if that will correct this. I was thinking this could be a Netplex error so unplugged the BV; the printer; the vfd but it doesn't seem to be a netplex problem.
qbert
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 30

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2013, 10:38:54 PM »

Have you tried a contact cleaner on the MPU to Motherboard plugs?
The fix may have not been the changing of the mpu but the contact that it makes with the motherboard.
If these machines have had a lot of use (IE the mpu boards removed many times). I would try a motherboard or MPU board swap.

One more thing
 NLG Welcome

Rich
Tech73

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2013, 12:02:46 AM »

Thanks for the welcome Rich

When I got to work today I looked at the display and it was a mess. I pulled the CPU and reseated it and the display went back to normal. I went a head and put another sound card on it and checked it through out the day and it stayed working. Guess I'll see tomorrow when I go back to work.

We don't have any contact cleaner in the shop so I might take some to work.
qbert
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 30

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2013, 12:30:03 AM »

Well is it still acting up?
Tech73

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2013, 12:42:14 AM »

Nope, everything is working great. I'm not sure if changing the sound card helped but all is well now.

Thanks for asking

Question, do you know if anyone here has fixed a power supply on a IGT SAVP/MLD?

I know how to fix the Win-Tact P/S on the S2000 . I can also fix the monitor power supplys on the Game King and Trimline. I just can't find any info on the newer ones. I have a WMS 750-1 a part right now but trying to find a vendor we can buy from and has the parts seems to be our problem.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.