Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 02:53:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Bill Validators and Currency acceptors
| |-+  JCM DBV-45, DBV-145, and DBV-200 Bill Validators.
| | |-+  DBV 200 only takes 1 dollar bills?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: DBV 200 only takes 1 dollar bills?  (Read 6573 times)
BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 499

« on: September 20, 2011, 09:18:33 PM »

I just got a S+ slot and the bill acceptor will only take 1.00 bills. All of the dip switches on the bottom of it are set to "off" I don't have any old type 5, 10, 20, 100 dollar bills to see if they would work. It is not the flash type but has a removeable chip on the bottom. The person that had it before did say it took 5, 10 and 20 dollar bills before. Also the BV bezel light is not coming on even though I have enabled the bv through the set chip and the small bulbs are good. Any ideas?

Thanks,

David
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 09:49:22 PM »

Try changing the ID (from 22 to 23 or vice versa).

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011, 10:03:52 PM »

you say to change the ID? how would I do that?

Thanks,

David
Ron (r273)
NLG Welcome Wagon & General Chat
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 401

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2011, 10:58:33 AM »

you say to change the ID? how would I do that?

Thanks,

David

Change dip switch #10 to on for ID-022. If it does not work change back.

Ron (r273)
BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2011, 12:11:13 PM »

I tried that, but no results. Guess I may need a new chip?
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2011, 12:22:19 PM »

You didn't specify whether you have a DBV145 or a DBV200. It might also help to know what firmware version is indicated on the DBV. The sticker is usually put somewhere on the head by the person who last updated it.

What denomination is the machine set to? What SP chip do you have installed? How many credits are on the machine?

The DBV limit might be set too low (unlikely).

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
zarobhr
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 178

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2011, 12:38:51 PM »

yes be sure and check credit limit and bill limit. i had a machine the other day that i was playing with credit limit and lowered it to $1, so that coins would pay to tray after everywin. i then switched the credit limit back to 10K. what i didnt relize is that when i changed the credit limit to $1, it also changed the bill limit to $1
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2011, 12:42:15 PM »

two things you can try:  stand alone test for the 200 head,  disconnect the head from the transport, turn off power, keep the front small plug plugged in , turn dip #6 on the second banks of switches ON,  turn on power, Turn dip #6 OFF, unit should cycle briefly, you can now inset bills into the head, it should accept whatever it is going to accept.

second, after you determine the status of acceptance, return to the orginal condition.  get into the test menu, go to the input tests, 10_0 in winner paid window, advance to #27_1,  yellow bill bezel lamps should be on.  if the bulbs are good, make sure the rear plug on the left side of 200 head is plugged in, this sends the signal over to the board to turn on the lamps. alot of times the big tranistor on that board has a broken leg on it or it is bad. you can sub a know good one to determine.

Jim  

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
azgamingslots
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 9

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2012, 06:43:06 AM »

most likely the head needs flashed or newer chip, (what version software programmed on the dbv 200?)

also use a sp-731 chip on the cpu, i haven't had any luck on the s-plus accepting bills with anything less than sp-731
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2012, 08:06:43 AM »

IF the BV Bezel does not come on you need to check the locations of the 2 wires in the 14 pin connector on the left side of the head they are the one that turn the Bezel on via optical isolator chip on the Bezel.

if they look in place make sure they are secure in the connector housing.
Green with blue at 14 and red with blue in 8.

13 11   9 7 5 3 1
14 12 10 8 6 4 2

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
4 Deuces
Resigned NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 698

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2012, 03:06:16 AM »

Here's the trick that did it for me.

My machine is hooked up  to a power strip.  So, even though I turned off the machine, the power supply still had power.  It wasn't until I turned off the power strip (all plugs to the machine) and THEN turned on dip switch # 10, that it worked.  Turned the machine back on and all bills now accept.

Hope this works for you!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.