Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 07:25:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Electromechanical
| | |-+  Changing Denomination
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Changing Denomination  (Read 4386 times)
litterbox99
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 14

« on: October 07, 2009, 11:53:33 PM »

There's a local seller that has some Bally E series slots (not sure if there 1000 or 2000)
that are 5, 10 , 50 cent & dollar IKE's.  What does it take to change the denomination
to 25 cent ?  I assume you have to change coin mech and the disc on the hopper ?

Can someone explain what's involved in changing these to quarter play.
Op-Bell
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 326

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2009, 03:54:44 AM »

That's about it, coin mech and hopper disk, except that you also need a new coin entry and possibly the guide track behind it. If it's an E series it may have a coin comparator, in which case you keep the same mech and change the reference coin, but the Ike dollar comparator will be too big, you'll have to swap that one out. You can get away with using a larger coin entry for a smaller coin, so long as the guide track drops the coin accurately into the coin mech and doesn't let it overshoot. You may be able to enlarge the nickel coin entry by working it with two hacksaw blades taped together. Please don't try that with the dime entry, as dimes are too thin, and (more important) dime entries for Ballys are rather scarce. So are dime mechanical coin mechs, and dime hopper disks.
acorndrive
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 02:58:31 PM »

Sorry for what is perhaps a stupid question, but how do you change/modify the hopper disc? I have a Bally 742A and am looking at a change of denomination also.

thanks

« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 06:17:09 PM by acorndrive » Logged
litterbox99
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 14

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2010, 09:31:54 PM »

On mine I just removed the three screws from the black agitator star (one is longer
than the rest, remember the location) Remove the star and replace the disc
underneath with the correct one for your Target denomination.  The black
agitator will probably be almost gooey and will get on everything !  wear gloves
or something.  I bought my new agitator & disc from fox slots.
FOXSSLOTS1
Resigned NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 323

Me at work

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2010, 09:48:59 AM »

there are 2 types of hoppers - if yours has the motor off to the side of the hopper disc and has a wiffle balll float you need to change the disc and the knife - if the hopper motor is located under the disc then you will have to change the "shelf wheel".
acorndrive
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2010, 11:11:34 AM »

many thanks guys for your advice...........let's see how I get on.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.