Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 12:49:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  IGT Fortune II
| | |-+  Need help to identify and repair this Keno machine
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Need help to identify and repair this Keno machine  (Read 6291 times)
mwade109
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 56

« on: November 24, 2012, 04:28:27 PM »

I have read that if it is a metal cabinet that it was a PE or PE+ machine but I don't know as it is a 06/1983 mfg date.
Thanks
Mike

* 2012-11-24 14.35.11.jpg (623 KB, 1600x1200 - viewed 839 times.)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 06:00:06 PM by mwade109 » Logged
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2012, 07:07:19 PM »

I can help narrow it down a little bit -- that is NOT a PE+ -- it's earlier than that.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
wingnut
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 3

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2012, 09:08:11 PM »

Hi ya, Its fer sure a fortune 2.
I actually have one out in my storage container. But alas, Its broken too.
There is some sort of ram clear procedure, but I dont remember the details.
maybe remove the ram chips and short out all the legs on a metal surface? Im just guessing.
keep posting, im sure someone out there is an expert on f2s. John
leapyearguy
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 21

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2012, 10:25:37 PM »

it's fer sure not a fortune 2.  it's an sg 411 keno. or red case as we used to call them.

20 bucks for simple repairs, 30 if you watch, and 50 if you open your mouth.
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2012, 06:04:41 PM »

it's fer sure not a fortune 2.  it's an sg 411 keno. or red case as we used to call them.

Where does SG 411 fall in the order of production for IGT? As far as I knew, there was the IGT/Sircoma/Fortune Coin Fortune I, then the IGT Fortune II, then PE, then PE+, then Game King, and now AVP.

Edited to add:.looking closely on the board, I see a "Sircoma" marking on it. Does SG stand for Sircona Gaming? Does that put this closer to the era of a Fortune I?

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
leapyearguy
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2012, 09:15:01 PM »

before and along with fortune I series. Fortune one never did have a keno or a bar top for that matter, this was more of the sircoma (Si Red coin operated machine) era. there were pokers that used this type case as well as a wooden case. the bar tops of this type came in a big ass cardboard box and where assembled after the wood workers were done building the bar. Fortune II was released about 1985 and would eventually kill the older 2 card and 3 card systems as well as Fortune one. Fortune 2 kenos were never real popular in the metal case so IGT adapted the technology into the wooden case double screen keno. that platform was around a long time after the F II poker fell off. Players edge and eventually PE+ killed the F II poker but the Keno version hung around until the touch screen technology of the Game King.

leapyearguy
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2012, 09:19:29 PM »

by the way, I believe after Si Red sold out Bally it was A one supply, Sircoma then IGT. IGT bought Fortune coin and folded them in.

knagl

Kevin

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2012, 08:18:12 AM »

K+ for the history lesson. Thanks.  yes

mwade109
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 56

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2012, 11:25:00 AM »

Yes leapyearguy that was an amazing response,  thank you.  The sharing of knowledge like that is one of the things that makes this such an interesting site.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.