Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 10:49:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  IGT Fortune II
| | |-+  Need help with battery replacement on an IGT Keno machine
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Need help with battery replacement on an IGT Keno machine  (Read 8554 times)
ucanwin
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 5

Interested in trade stimulators and slots

« on: December 13, 2009, 12:33:04 AM »

I just picked up a rather old IGT Keno machine today. It is one of the older models that uses a pen to pick the numbers.
Model info is as follows:
Model SG-411 Date of manufacture 6/82
The machine has not been working for some time and the battery on the board has no charge in it.  
Info found on the board is as follows:
Sircoma
Master computer ASSY-510225
also has a tag......#75501304     P-1850
My questions are as follows:
What model is this machine.....Fortune 1, Fortune 2, or ????
What type of battery is correct for this board? Is it a Nicad or Lithium?
What voltage is the battery supposed to be?
There are 3 batteries that have been spot welded together with tabs on the board now. The total legnth (if the 3 batteries were put together in a straight line, would equal the size of one AA battery). The only markings on the batteries are....Japan and 9707. I'm not sure what these batteries are, or if they are the correct ones. They look like brand new batteries. Any information, or source for an online manual on this machine would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Jerry

* MVC-892S.JPG (38.22 KB, 480x640 - viewed 487 times.)

* IGT Keno-garbage on screen.jpg (62.16 KB, 640x480 - viewed 562 times.)
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 11:50:07 PM by ucanwin » Logged
SAT (aka GANDHI)
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 224

« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2009, 12:09:28 AM »

My questions are as follows:
What model is this machine.....Fortune 1, Fortune 2, or ????

Hi Jerry, sorry but it goes out of my hands because I haven't really seen one of these machines in my life... 

What type of battery is correct for this board? Is it a Nicad or Lithium?
What voltage is the battery supposed to be?

Usually, the boards I've seen uses 3.0V or 3.6V lithium batteries. 

The only markings on the batteries are....Japan and 9707. I'm not sure what these batteries are, or if they are the correct ones.

I've googled it and the one I found with that numbering is a digital camera battery, so I don't think it's the one you have...  A picture of it could be helpful to know which battery you have.

They look like brand new batteries.

Don't (EVER) trust the look of a battery  ttth

The machine has not been working for some time and the battery on the board had no charge in it.  After powering up the machine for several hours the battery showed a little over 4 volts. After standing for several hours the battery voltage dropped to less than 1.5 volts.

This in fact are symptoms of a dead battery-pack, so I recommend you to install a new set of bats and see what happens.  Sorry I can't be of more help... Sure another member can help you figure this one out...   

Best regards   wave

Keep it simple!!!
SAT (aka GANDHI)

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2009, 12:14:09 AM »

second picture you just posted shows some corrupted data (IMHO)....   likely to be produced by a badly battery-backed RAM or EEPROM.

I would shoot at the batteries first   angry-kitty

would try to ram-reset this machine as well, but I have no procedures for that  no   (anyone?)

Keep it simple!!!
ucanwin

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2009, 12:30:31 AM »

Here are pictures of the board and the batteries.

* IGT Keno board Sircoma Master Computer ASSY 510225 MODEL SG-411.jpg (93.56 KB, 640x480 - viewed 535 times.)

* MVC-895S.JPG (38.82 KB, 640x480 - viewed 656 times.)
SAT (aka GANDHI)

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2009, 12:57:05 AM »

Interesting stuff...  that's a serial arrange ...    Scratch Head    (on a really old board for sure  knockout )

I'm wondering what would be the measure for only one of them in normal conditions ???   

You know mate..  I was born after Power Rangers... so I'm not the best person to shed light on this  frying pan

Hope somebody else jumps on here quickly  rotflmao

Keep it simple!!!
Jimsbetterhalf
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2011, 10:23:20 PM »

I just had the battery on our machine replaced and I can't remember how to reset the machine.  Any ideas?
ucanwin

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2011, 11:20:31 PM »

Sorry, but my machine has not been in working condition since I got it. I have not been able to even locate a schematic for my machine. A replacement board was promised to me by a person on this site, but it has never materialized. A lot of machines these days, require a ram clear chip to get them up and running after a battery replacement. I don't know if your's is one of them.
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2011, 12:08:27 AM »

ucanwin, this thread is over 11/2 years old – and you're saying that you never got your machine working?

Guys, is there someone on here who can help him get the board that he needs and/or get his machine fixed?

Stat garfield

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
ucanwin

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2011, 01:42:19 AM »

Oh Yeah! It's true! Aparently, nobody has ever seen this machine. It must be really rare, ha! Who wants to buy this boat anchor?????
It looks great! But that's about all. It lights up, has garbage on the screen and reset, buttons, etc. do nothing.
ucanwin

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2011, 01:44:35 AM »

Oops! It doesn't work....and I can't spell.....apparently, ha!
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2011, 04:42:36 AM »

Oops! It doesn't work....and I can't spell.....apparently, ha!
Crazy On reflection you apparently can spell apparently; apparently, you're keyboard just dropped a "P". Cry Laughing Cry Laughing Cry Laughing

SF garfield

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.